Suite? Oceanfront? Continental Breakfast? What exactly do all these terms mean?! Here are definitions for some common hotel terminology you should know when booking your honeymoon hotel.
1) Standard Double Room – A room with a full, queen, or king-size bed; whatever is considered “standard” at the hotel.
2) Double-Double Room – A room with two beds (of any size).
3) Deluxe Room – A room with a king-size bed, but it could also be two beds of any size instead. There is also generally an amenity and service upgrade from the standard double room.
4) Junior Suite – A large room with a bed and a sitting area.
5) Suite - A room with at least one bedroom and a separate living room.
6) Oceanfront Room – A room with an unobstructed view of the ocean.
7) Ocean-View Room – A room where you can see the ocean, but you may have an obstructed view.
8) Garden-View Room – A room that faces the hotel’s courtyard, parking lot, or other view.
9) American Plan – A room rate that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
10) European Plan – A room rate that doesn’t include any meals.
11) Continental Breakfast – A meal that includes coffee, tea, juice, and light breakfast fare like muffins, bagels, or cereal.
- New York
- Weddingbee Publisher
- Wedding Date:
- March 2005
- Westside Loft, New York