So you spend 2 years planning and anticipating for your wedding day. Of course, aiming for perfection, down to the minute details. But you know what, I have learned that no matter how much or how long you have planned, and no matter how many lists you make- life happens!
I just wanted to share with all of you some of our memorable wedding moments. And maybe you can share with me some of yours?
Roll the film please!
1. Because I started semi-bawling soon after I stepped out of my limo, one of my false eyelashes fell out during our wedding vows. I swear I looked like Mike, the green creature from Monsters, Inc. At one point I looked at my best friend/bridesmaid and whispered, “my one eyelash fell off, can you tell?” Her reaction spoke volumes. So I discreetly yanked off the other one and hid them in my bundle of tissue. Needless to say we were unable to glue them back on. Note to self: Next time, minimize crying like a baby!
2. The priest didn’t seem to be on top of his game that day either. ie. Informing my wedding planner 5 minutes before the ceremony that I had to choose between the pew swags or the eucharist, totally disregarded the ceremony program that I spent days on, that he approved, told Mr Jelly Beans which finger to place the ring on despite his protests that it was the wrong finger = wedding ring shoved onto the wrong hand, officiated the shortest full Catholic mass ever and I could go on and on.
3. Mr. Jelly Beans nearly strangled me when he tried to stand up when we were both attached during the cord and veil ceremony.
4. The weather forecast called for showers, so everyone was anticipating a downpour. After taking outdoor pictures, not a second after we stepped into the reception location, there was a torrential downpour. Phew! We would have been soaked big time!
5. During the first dance of the night, as we were grooving to the long list of songs I happily provided the DJ, my pregnant co-worker’s water broke. Even her husband was in state of shock not realizing what it meant when someone told him “grab her purse, her water just broke.” I thought it was the funniest thing ever. My DOC, gosh I love her, was so on top of things asking if we needed a mop. Nope we didn’t! Another phew moment. In conclusion, a super cute baby boy was born the morning after our wedding. Congratulations Sherry and Lanny!
6. One of my bridesmaids accidentally set one of the menus and a napkin on fire leading to panic and a wee bit of chaos at the bridal party table. Maybe she didnt like them?
7. Illegal back flipping.
8. And last but certainly not the least, I woke up the next day, a married Jelly Bean, and my eyes were puffy and swollen shut from all my crying. I tried to enforce a strict no picture policy at the post-wedding brunch. I was going to save it for the next Rocky sequel.
So there you have it , some of the moments that made our wedding day truly a day to remember!