While doing a bit of cleaning this past week, I stumbled on my old wedding planning folder. I found some of our vendor contracts, so I thought I’d share them with you! Keep in mind that these are prices from March 2005, but I think showing what was included in our contracts may be helpful.
Mr. Bee and I got married at the Westside Loft, a beautiful 210 person capacity, 9500 square foot loft in midtown Manhattan. It had 4 distinct areas — the room with the fireplace where we held our ceremony, the reception area (a quintessential New York loft space), a cozy lounge area with sofas, and a lovely garden room.
I actually found a picture of our wedding on their website! They must have taken this picture at some point during set-up because that big tree on the right was definitely moved before our wedding started.
We also used their in house catering, James Catering. We had approximately 100 guests and for $140 per person we got:
- 5 hour event
- 9 passed hors d’oeuvres (15 per person)
- stationery hors d’oeuvres – crudites with dip, cheese, crackers, fruit, pate w/ apple slices and biscuits
- appetizer, choice of 2 entrees, 3 side dishes
- dessert: cake, cookies, fruit, coffee/tea (if we provide our own cake, a $3.50 credit per person is issued)
- tables, white padded chairs, china, linens, glassware and silverware (chiavari chairs were $4 extra, so we opted for the upgrade)
- 1 staff per 8 guests including bartenders
- dinner provided at no cost for photographer, band, and videographer
- bar set-ups but we provide liquor (a huge money saver for us)
- all service charges included
- New York state tax added to final bill
We were very disappointed with the cake, which was the wrong color, but the food was delicious and everything else was pretty seamless.
We loved our venue, but it did come with a hefty price tag and it was our biggest splurge - $7000 for a Saturday evening rental.
That cost included a 10 hour rental until 1 am — there was no venue that came close to offering us that much time!
What does your venue and catering contract include?