FAIR WARNING: This post contains many, MANY photos.
After Mr. Pencils and I shared champagne with our nearest and dearest, we ventured out into the sweeping hills for a bit of alone time (that our wonderful photographers just happened to capture on film).
I remember saying to Mr. P at this moment, “I can’t believe we did it—we’re married. I’m your WIFE!”
A large part of the reason we loved our venue, Morningside Inn, was the gorgeous willow tree on the property. We had to get some photos taken with it!
Isn’t he handsome?
And you saw the sassy version of the next photo in my sneak peek…
Then our photogs said, close your eyes… and we awkwardly did so…
But I sincerely love this next one… the moment is really hitting us. It’s real.
But we’re still goofy…
Ah yes, and then we trekked again. I worked out quite a bit on my wedding day, lugging that dress up and down many hills! Mr. P carried my bouquet, the gentleman he is.
We naturally kiss this way in public, all.the.time.
And Mr. P always leads me across beautiful green meadows, looking adoringly back at me…
You’ve also seen the black and white close up version of the following… but our photog framed this moment so well!
And then Mr. P lifted me, ten pound dress and all!
Our venue looked freaking gorgeous at sunset that night…
And then we did something that puts us in the ranks of true dorks… we asked our photog to snap a photo with us! He did so obligingly. I present, our amazing photog Brian!
Our last stop was the small lake/large pond area.
Did I mention that Mr. P also went back to find my shoes, as I had taken them off for this entire shoot?
Let the party begin!
All beautiful photos are copyright and courtesy of amazing B. Scott Photography.
How we got here:
- Something Good: We’re married!
- Something Good: Our vowage.
- Something Good: The unity ceremony.
- Something Good: Our readers kicked it off.
- Something Good: We joined at the altar.
- Something Good: Down the aisle we went.
- Something Good: Pre-Wedding Portraits
- Something Good: Our First Look
- Something Good: Jewelry and a garter.
- Something Good: I got dressed.
- Something Good: I showed off my undies.
- Something Good: A window and a van.
- Something Good: My gift to him.
- Something Good: A cello was given.
- Something Good: Guys got dressed.
- Something Good: We beautified.
- Something Good: Quality time with my friends.
- Something Good: We rehearsed.
- Washington DC/Frederick, MD
- Program Director, Education Non Profit
- Wedding Date:
- May 2010
- Morningside Inn