Recently, we received our venue’s wedding menu packet in the mail. I was out of town at the time but when I came home, I saw that Mr. Lobster had gone through the entire menu and ticked off his likes (checks) and dislikes (big slashes). Ohhh, so *now* you want be all involved, do you, Mr. Lobster?
After much deliberation (and trading “I’ll give you a grilled cheese for a shrimp cocktail. Done.”), this is what we’ve come up with:
Cocktail Hour (i.e. your reward for sitting quietly through the ceremony)
- Tiny Sirloin Patty Melts – love child of burger and grilled cheese
- Seafood Fortune Cookies – Surprise! Your lucky number is “seafood”
- Mac & Cheese BBQ Chicken – no need for forking this baby stands on its own
- Blanketed Frank Lollipops – pigs in blanks on sticks
- Portobello Mushroom Steak Fries – for the vegetarians who like it fried
- Watermelon Domino – refreshingly dotted with balsamic vinegar and gorgonzola cheese
- Baja Fish Taco – fish… taco
- Nuevo Sushi – fancy sushi
- Americana Carving Station – we chop ‘em and serve ‘em, pork, duck, salmon
- Wild Mushroom Station – among mushroomy things there’s mini ‘shroom pizza and Parmigiano crisps!!
- Classic Seafood Bar – if I don’t have it I might get disowned by my seafood loving family
Since my venue does not do food tastings, I don’t have tasting photos (no worries). But here are some of the items on featured in their food pics. Super. Drool.
The Main Event (shouldn’t you should be full by now? you people are so demanding.)
- Summer Duo of Lobster & Corn – This is a Lobster wedding, isn’t it?
- Arugula Salad – a salad is a salad. but there’s cheese.
- Beef Two Ways – we’re really into pairs/twins/duos
- (or) Truffled Chilean Sea Bass – gimme that filet o’fish, gimme that fish! what would you do if you were up on this wall. If it were you in that sandwich you wouldn’t be laughing at all!
- Warm S’mores Truffle Tart – slightly charred marshmallow peaks on a chocolate tart with a graham cracker crust!!!!! It’s like summer camp on a plate.
Wedding Cake (keep eating or else!)
- Yellow Cake with Blood Orange Curd and French Vanilla Buttercream – boo ya
I’m getting stomach grumbles from writing this. It’s time for some snacks.
What is your favorite thing on your wedding menu? Do you have a must have or a wish list dish?
- Finance Girl
- Wedding Date:
- August 2010
- Stage 6 Steiner Studios