I am loving this series, so I thought I would join in the fun and share some of the secret oddities that make up Miss Waffle and help her “Keep Austin Weird.”
- I hate writing with blue ink. Other people can write with it, but not me. It is for this very reason that I always carry a black fine-point Sharpie or a black pen in my purse. If someone hands me a blue pen I say, “No thank you” and hand it right back.
- I prefer to do things by hand. I handwrite all my notes and lists (I like to make lists, too, and each entry is marked by a star) and keep them in spiral sketch books. I would rather write with a pencil or Sharpie than type it all out on the computer. Same goes for drawing. Mr Waffle gave me a Wacom tablet for my computer, and it pretty much collects dust. I gave it a try for a solid month and ended up hopelessly frustrated. Blogging for Weddingbee is, obviously, an exception to the rule.
- My space at work is meticulously tidy and organized, but I am an enormous mess at home!
- When I was five I wanted to be a paleontologist.
- I am so horrible at math, yet I have a job that requires me to use it every day. Basic sewing math is OK, but pattern-making math makes my brain hurt. Damn you, math!
- I always write and sign my name in lowercase because I don’t like the way capital E looks. This bugs a lady I work with, and one day she said to me, “Who do you think you are? e.e. cummings?” “I guess so,” I replied.
- When I grow up I want to be Tina Fey. Waffle says this is unreasonable because, “Tina Fey isn’t grown up.” He then follows this by saying I look like Liz Lemon. Ah well.
- At the grocery store, I always place the items on the conveyor belt in category groups (produce, meat, dairy, etc.). This way they (fingers crossed) get bagged in groups and make it easier to unload the groceries when I get home.
This list could go on for a long time, but I’m sure you’ve heard quite enough! In what secret ways are you a weird bee?