Our photographers arranged our first look at Granville Island. Granville Island is a place we love to visit every time we are in Vancouver so it seemed perfect for our first look. I was running late, but now all I could think about was that I was so close to seeing Mr. Gazelle for the first time on our wedding day. While our photographers were on the phone coordinating our first look the girls adjusted a few pieces of my attire, including my necklace which kept twisting.
Mr. Gazelle was waiting for me on the marina with his groomsmen.
After everyone was in place it was my turn to walk towards Mr. Gazelle
I had a huge smile on my face but I was also choking back sobs. Almost there….I totally thought he would turn around once he knew I was behind him!
See, he totally knows I’m there but he didn’t turn around. I tapped him on the shoulder.
I’m here…you can turn around now!
I’m pretty sure the first word out of his mouth was, “Wow!”
We shared a smooch as he handed me back my bouquet.
Mr. Gazelle then wanted a moment to take it all in—my dress, hair and flowers. He kept exclaiming how beautiful I was.
It was really nice to have this moment together. It was one of my favourite parts of the day! Our ceremony wasn’t until 6:30 pm. This gave us a chance to spend a bit more of the day together and to revel in the fact that we were getting married!! I love seeing photos of the look on Mr. Gazelle’s face from our first look!
Time for one last smooch…
…and then it was time to have some fun and take some pictures!
Are you doing a first look?
*All photos courtesy of the amazing Sakura Photography*
Get caught up with the Gazelle recaps!
- Walking on Sunshine: Guys Get Ready
- Walking on Sunshine: Becoming a Bride
- Walking on Sunshine: My Somethings
- Walking on Sunshine: Getting Glam
- Walking on Sunshine: to the Salon!
- Walking on Sunshine: Step by Step
- Walking on Sunshine: Last Night as a Single Gal
- Walking on Sunshine: Our Rehearsal Lunch
- Walking on Sunshine: We Rehearse
- Walking on Sunshine: Let’s Hike Up a Mountain
- Walking on Sunshine: We Arrive in Vancouver
- Walking on Sunshine: Pre-Wedding Vacation
- Wedding Date:
- July 2011
- Brock House Restaurant, Vancouver