Remember earlier this month when I shared my biggest bridal fear with you all? Engagement photos. I was so scared that I would look ridiculous, huge, disproportionate or just un-in-love. Well, we took our photos this weekend, and our photographer Brittany Esther has given us “just one” as a sneak peek.
Needless to say, my fears were clearly ludicrous. I think we look awesome (and Brittany’s stellar photography really helps). Since I was so nervous and obsessively worrying the week before the shoot, I thought I’d pass on some engagement photo shoot tips for other nervous brides like myself.
Miss Eagle’s Engagement Photo Tips
1) Spend the time on your hair and makeup! You’ll feel more confident and carry yourself in a different way. If you think that you look good, your confidence level will show through the photos.
2) Wear comfortable shoes! I wore flats that matched my cardigan, but I brought a pair of black leather slingbacks, because I wanted to wear cute shoes. Those slingbacks were carried around all afternoon before we finally threw them in the car. Having comfortable shoes is a big factor in whether you will actually be comfortable during the photos.
3) Do what your photographer tells you! No, seriously. In the photo above, our photographers instructions were “Now, go forehead to forehead, nose to nose, and close your eyes!” I couldn’t help but think that this was such an unnatural pose… but the photo looks amazing! Trust your photographer. They (hopefully!) know what they’re doing.
4) Eat something! You need to make sure you’re well fueled for the shoot, and don’t have a rumbling stomach or low blood sugar headache. Eat something about an hour before the shoot, and bring a bottle of water along.
5) Have fun with your fiance(e)! Seriously. Look at your partner and let the love shine through. Laugh together. Run your fingers through their hair. Have a good time and your photos will undoubtedly look amazing.
Were you nervous for your engagement photo shoot, too? How did you deal with the nerves? How did you deal with the “wait” between the shoot and getting the photos (we’re SO excited to get them!)?
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Medical Sciences Graduate Student / Science Instructor
- Wedding Date:
- August 2012
- Historic Lougheed House