I knew from the get go that I would do my own makeup for the wedding. As a gal that only paints her face for special occasions, I am appalled by what makeup artists generally do to me. On the other hand, there was no way I was spending the $100+ on make up for only one day when I could use that money to buy face painting supplies that will last me a long while. With this in mind I choose to drive the almost three hours to San Juan in order to utilize the services of the makeup artists at Sephora. For a minimum product purchase of $50, you can get a 60 minute makeup session by one of their artists and their recommendations on the best products to use for the occasion. My MUA went right to work after I showed her my inspiration pictures of Kim Kardashian. Kim has dark hair, big expressive eyes and full lips like me and since I loved her delicate bridal make-up I thought it would be a good look. But…
…here are the dragalicious pictures of me after my trial.
|Source of my make up misery|
|This is what people would see every time I closed my eyes… not pretty|
|Here is a close up of the eye make up in natural light|
I really, really hate how she did my eyes! I asked for light delicate eye makeup and received a glitterless drag-queen style, which I washed off minutes after leaving the store (after taking some pictures for the hive). Some people might love this but it is soooo not me! However, I did like the products she used for my face makeup and these were the products that I bought.
1. Following Mrs. Rainbow’s advice I bought Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer for the wedding and asked my MUA to use Smashbox Photofinish Primer for the trial since they share the same formula.
|Monistat Chafing Gel / Image via Amazon|
2. The foundation she used, the much recommended Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 118. It gave me a flawless coverage while still being light and airy, I felt like I had no make up on at all.
|Make Up For Ever / Image via Sephora|
3. Conceal FX Camouflage Concealer since it does a wonderful job without feeling cake-y.
|Conceal FX Camouflage Concealor / Image via Sephora|
4. Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit which I doubt I’ll be using regularly but I like what it did to the angles on my face and following Mrs. Rainbow’s instructions I hope I can get it right on my wedding day.
|Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit / Image via Sephora|
5. She used Make Up For Ever HD Powder for my trial but following Mrs.Rainbows wise advice yet again, I bought 100% silica from Coastal Scents for a fraction of the cost.
Did you like the results of your make up trial? If you are doing your own make up, what products are you using? Any suggestions on how to “fix” my wedding day make up?