Our hometown party took place one week after our Vegas wedding. I had debated back and forth about whether I wanted to bring my wedding dress again to this event. It had gotten pretty trashed by the end of the wedding. Ironically, its condition is what helped me make the decision to bring it to Milwaukee. Many brides have done such beautiful “trash the dress” photo shoots. I figured that I might as well trash my trashed dress some more—or, at the very least, rock the frock around the city.
Our photographer arrived at 3:00 PM, and we started by taking some pictures in the lobby of the Intercontinental Milwaukee.
The lobby was pretty crowded, though. The Chicago Bulls were in town and people were hanging out, waiting for the chance to get autographs. We missed our chance at scoring a collectible; we shared an elevator with Joakim Noah, but none of us had a good idea as to who he was!
We decided to head outside to Milwaukee’s lakefront and Art Museum campus.
We started taking photos by Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin. Mr. Mole assumed that Discovery World was like Discovery Zone, complete with indoor mazes and ball pits. I don’t know if he was disappointed or relieved to discover he was mistaken.
We then walked across the muddy ground toward the Milwaukee Art Museum.
We saw another wedding party taking photos, but otherwise the area was pretty empty. We had the patio of the museum almost entirely to ourselves.
We then made our ways up the stairs and over the bridge to get a different angle.
We posed near “The Calling” (or the Sunburst). There was a lot of hand rubbing since it was so cold.
We then gave the jumping shot a good, college try. I think I should go back and show Joakim Noah this film. I bet I will get an offer from the Bulls to play.
After our last attempt, when Mr. Mole psyched me out and didn’t jump, we made our way back to the car.
At this point, I think we both broke into a sprint to the car. The cold had gotten to us.
We made our way back to the hotel and warmed up in the lobby bar.
An hour later, we were at Roots and ready to celebrate with family and friends!
All photography in Milwaukee by Gavin Gould, unless otherwise noted.
Did you miss a Mole recap?
- We had a recap before the recaps
- We welcomed our families to Las Vegas
- We rode in limos and danced with lions
- We rehearsed at Stripburger
- I got ready, emotionally and physically
- I took some glamour shots
- Mr. Mole had his moment in the spotlight
- We took some pre-ceremony photos together
- We walked down the aisle and started our ceremony
- We got married!
- We took photos with family and cheered with strangers
- We welcomed our guests to Bouchon
- We struggled to cut the cake
- We toasted and celebrated with our guests
- We focused on the details
- We created albums with our photographs
- We flew with the dress to Milwaukee
- Los Angeles/Las Vegas
- Test Prep Instructor
- Wedding Date:
- January 2012
- Wynn Las Vegas/Bouchon Bistro