I refuse to recognize it by name right now. I am trying as hard as possible to dance around it, but I now know it is a possibility. As of right now, the weather is saying 30% chance of showers with possible thunderstorms. Now, the good part is that it is a high of 72 degrees. Not too hot, not too cold. But the ‘R’ word…seriously?!
I have had a few people give me some comfort. Bridesmaid C said that 30% precipitation is for that entire area, not necessarily that exact spot. We may not even see a cloud in the sky.
Mom Doe said that most regional weather reports predict there will be precipitation. However, the local channels are predicting that it is going to be clear.
I am not sure if they are just trying to make me feel better, or if that is true. I am hoping for the latter.
Remember this post I wrote about a while back where I discussed our back-up option? Everyone agreed the back up option is just as gorgeous. It truly is, but of course, we want the wedding outside, if at all possible.
At the end of that post I said:
Therefore if (insert ‘R’ word here) decides to rear its “lucky” head into our wedding day, I will embrace it with open arms. Bring it on rain, I’m not scared of you.
I am now scared of you rain. Please go away for another day.
What do you think, hive? Should this Doe break out her umbrella and galoshes?
How are you dealing with the possibility of the ‘R’ word on your wedding day?
- Northern California
- Real Estate Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- May 2012
- Monte Verde Inn