It’s time for the most boring part of my recaps…Formals!
Our formals were fairly painless, but I realized after the fact that we missed a ton of photos with family members that I really wanted. I truly treasure the photos I have, but my advice to future brides is this: Make a list and give it to a designated point person who knows your family. Even though our photographers had a list, a chunk of photos were missed and looking back, I really should have had a back-up plan to make sure all the important photos were taken.
Okay, now that my lecture is over, let’s move on to the fun stuff! The great part about digital photography is that your photographer can just snap away without having to worry about wasting film. And although our photographers took some excellent photos, there were also multiple “bloopers” that are just too good not to share. And so, I’ll be sneaking some in with the regular portraits to make this a little more entertaining for ya.
We took a lot of individual shots—you know, bride with parents, bride and groom with his side, her side, etc., but I’m just gonna skip over all that and show you one group shot:
Mr. Coyote and I with our parents and siblings. I love how all the different dress colors look together!
Okay, okay, I’ll show you a few individual shots too:
Oh man, we are one good lookin’ family.
Mr. Coyote and I with my grandparents. My grandfather is very ill and I am so blessed that he was able to make it to my wedding. This is one of my most treasured photos.
From left to right: Cousin F, Mr. Coyote, me, my grandmother, my great-uncle and great-aunt. This photo is also very special to me. Unfortunately my uncle wasn’t feeling well and my uncle and aunt left before the reception started so he could rest. I’m very grateful that we at least took this photo together.
Finally, I would like you all to meet Jim.
There is so much going on in this photo, I don’t even know where to start.
Jim is an old friend of my dad’s and seriously one of the funniest guys I have ever met in my life. He showed up early and was incredibly helpful the morning of the wedding. We were so excited to have him there with us and we definitely shared more than a few laughs together.
Whew. That was pretty painless, right?!
*All photos are by the fabulousUpstate Photographersunless otherwise noted.*
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Franklin Plaza