By the time our formals were finished my feet were freaking killing me, so I swapped my cute (but painful) heels for my sexy platforms. That’s right. I totally wore Playboy bunny flips flops at my wedding. And you know what?! They were comfy as hell!
Image via Shaw Video Productions
Just outside of our private room, the cocktail hour was in full swing and slowly our friends and family trickled out to join the party. Our photographers and videographer soon followed suit in order to take some footage of our reception space. For the first time that day, Mr. Coyote and I found ourselves completely alone. No family members, no coordinators, no photographers. Just us.
If you’ll remember, Mr. Coyote and I took a dance lesson a few days before the wedding. I clearly underestimated how much my feet would hurt that day and practiced our dance in my wedding heels. Because I had just switched into gigantic flip flops, I was super nervous and convinced myself that I would be slipping and sliding all over the dance floor. I begged Mr. Coyote to practice with me a few times to make sure that I could, so we technically had our first dance as husband and wife alone.
It was the most peaceful, beautiful moment of the day. I don’t even remember what we talked about. I just remember being in that room together—spinning, twirling and savoring a quiet moment with my new husband. After a few run-throughs (which I totally nailed by the way!) and a few private smooches, we slipped out of the room to greet our friends and family.
Married bees, did you find any time to be completely alone with your spouse on your wedding day?
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Our friends and family gathered for some formal (and not so formal) portraits.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Franklin Plaza