It was finally time for us to make our grand entrance as the new Mr. and Mrs. Coyote! We reunited with our wedding party downstairs and got ready to rock out.
This is my excited face.
As a tribute to our love of classic rock, we decided to use some oldies but goodies to get our party started.
“Thunderstruck” by AC/DC was an obvious choice not only because AC/DC is freakin’ awesome, but because Mr. Coyote and Best Man M actually used to play in an AC/DC cover band together!
Our DJ introduced the grandparents from their seats. Then my parents entered the room:
Followed by Mr. Coyote’s parents:
I love how my parents come in waving and soaking up all the attention, while Mr. Coyote’s parents are bit more, erm, humble. 😉
Our wedding party soon followed. Again, I was worried about the logistics of having six bridesmaids and three groomsmen, but check out these dudes…They are definitely not complaining!
Bridesmaid C, Groomsman J, Bridesmaid P
Bridesmaid J, Groomsman JD, Bridesmaid D
We never told our wedding party what the entrance song was going to be, so Best Man M was tickled pink when he heard “Thunderstruck” beckoning him into the main ballroom. He head banged and sang all the way through his entrance. It was definitely entertaining.
MOH D, Best Man M, MOH A
Everyone else had entered and even though we were suppose to stay hidden until we were announced, we couldn’t help taking a sneak peak into the room. This was the first time we had seen our reception space all set up!!
The music was pumping and I couldn’t wait to run into the room and get our reception on! Finally, it was our turn. AC/DC faded out to”¦
What better way to start off your reception than with a little bit of Ozzy?!
As soon as I heard our cue, I grabbed Mr. Coyote’s hand, held it up in the air and ran into the room. I was seriously pumped!
Our DJ introduced us as the new Mr. and Mrs. Coyote and we crazy trained it straight out onto the dance floor and right into our first dance song.
*All photos are by the fabulous Upstate Photographers unless otherwise noted.*
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Our friends and family gathered for some formal (and not so formal) portraits. Then Mr. Coyote and I spent a few moments alone before heading out to join the rest of our guests for our cocktail hour.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Franklin Plaza