There was one last thing I had to do before heading to the venue—give my grandma her boutonniÃ¨re. My grandma is a very special lady to me, and I’m so incredibly thankful that she was still around to see me get married, and in good enough health to make a 10-hour car trip to be there. I think seeing me as a bride, and getting a gift from me, really made everything hit home for her—her little granddaughter was getting married!
She managed to choke out, “You look beautiful,” and gave me a big tear-filled hug, and I almost lost it with her. The thing is, I have this mortal fear of crying in front of people, so often times instead of letting the emotions flow, I hold them back, even though I always regret it later. This was one of those times, and the first of many times that day that I would hold the tears back.
Wizard Aunt pinned the boutonniÃ¨re on her, and we composed ourselves enough to pose for a picture.
After one last lipstick check, it was time to go!
It was still raining, so I stayed dry under the parking overhang with MOH Lefty while my aunt drove her car around.
Photo by MOH Lefty
The anticipation was building now—I was unmistakably a bride to anyone looking at me (and I got quite a few stares and “congratulations!” as I walked through the hotel), and I knew that in just a few minutes I’d be seeing my groom for the first time. My stomach did somersaults as my cousins stuffed me into the car and we pulled out onto the road that would take us to the place where I was about to be married.
Miss something? Follow along here!
- First, I kick things off with our wedding video.
- I go stir-crazy, and almost choke to death, the week before our wedding.
- We had a pretty bad venue setup/rehearsal day.
- I’m the bride with the weak stomach.
- The crew arrives, and the ladies get pretty.
- Hair stylist B accidentally shares a little secret!
- Bride and groom exchange cards and a surprise gift.
- Tying bow ties is a comedy of errors.
- Finally, I become a bride!
- All the little details.
All photos by MichaelWill Photography unless otherwise noted. Images market with a (*) are edited by me, with permission from Michael.
- Front-end Web Developer
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Glades Pike Winery, Somerset, PA