Although I had the best intentions not to cry, there was no fighting the tears back when it came time to dance with Daddy Hawk. Working with my DOC/DJ Liz, we created a special surprise recording to the beginning of our song. While I had already made the recording and knew what I said, nothing could have prepared me for hearing it for the first time and seeing my father’s reaction.
“Nothing Can Change This Love” by Sam Cooke with Hawk intro:
My special message received plenty of applause and tears from our guests. Luckily the remainder of the dance was mostly tear free.
It could not have been a more perfect moment for Daddy Hawk and me.
Did you/do you think you will get emotional during the parent dances?
Miss a Hawk recap? Don’t fret! Catch up here:
- We review our planning journey
- We rehearse and welcome our guests
- The girls get pretty
- I share my bridal details
- Mr. Hawk becomes a groom
- Our first look
- We take photos at Crim Dell Bridge
- We explore campus for more photography
- The groomsmen ham it up
- The bridal party channels their inner model
- The entire wedding party regroups
- My last moments as a Miss
- Welcome to our wedding ceremony
- The bridal party procession
- Miss Hawk’s walk down the aisle
- We’re married!
- We were surrounded by love during our impromptu receiving line
- We take our family formals
- All our reception details
- I scarf bread ends while our guests enjoy cocktail hour
- We make our grand entrances
- Mr. Hawk and I have our first dance
- Richmond, VA
- Wedding Date:
- May 2012
- The Chapel of the Sir Christopher Wren Building, 2007 Legacy Hall