My grandparents, our parents, and the bridal party, including Mr. PaC, processed down the flagstone paver aisle to an acoustic version of “Maybe I’m Amazed” by The Vitamin String Quartet. We instinctively chose instrumental pieces for their emotional oomph without the distraction of vocals. The processional music was to be subtle. If guests could identify the song and knew the lyrics, all the better. I did not want Sir Paul getting shouty during our processional, even if he is my favorite Beatle.
So press play and be prepared to cry. As the violin crescendos around the 9 second mark, my heart swells and I tear up. Still.
My beloved grandparents begin the processional.
Mr. PaC’s dad and step-mom.
Mr. PaC’s brother/best man escorts their mom.
My mom escorted by groomsman J.
Mr. PaC! Mr. PaC! Mr. PaC!
Bridesmaid R, our good friend (and wedding pro).
My sister, who appears to be only slightly nervous.
A spectacular shot that shows just how impressively gorgeous the grounds were.
Next up, my dad and I share a walk down the aisle.
(all photos by Heather Fowler Photography, unless otherwise noted)
Catch up on our PaC recaps!
- In the days leading up to the wedding, I wanted to be sedated.
- I walked the line between calm and stressed for the better part of our rehearsal day.
- “Don’t panic” and its friends were what Mr. PaC kept telling me on the way to our rehearsal dinner.
- Best wedding morning advice: wake up slow and tackle the day at your own pace.
- Once at our venue, our DIY projects were assembled with our own two hands.
- The girls get ready with champagne and chocolate-covered potato chips.
- The guys are ready… and waiting.
- She’s mine! All mine! (The dress that is.)
- Brown-eyed girl (and guy) portraits.
- Something old and new, borrowed and blue.
- My sneaky groom has a secret heart when it comes to surprises.
- A first look for the two of us plus more couples portraits in the garden.
- With brother and sister standing by, we took our bridal party and family portraits.
- After fretting about rain, the sun came out just as our guests arrived for the ceremony.
- Wilmington, DE
- Wedding Date:
- June 2011
- Greenville Country Club