You may or may not have noticed the giant green screen in the background of some of our photos:
Photo by Upstate Photographers
This was yet another last-minute decision that I did not get a chance to blog about before the wedding (good thing for recaps, eh?!). Mr. Coyote and I went back and forth and back and forth on whether or not we should have a photo booth at our wedding. Yes, we had been to weddings that had them, and yes, it was always a blast, but was it really worth the extra money? In the end, Mr. Coyote convinced me that we absolutely had to have one. Honestly, when your groom gets this passionate about something you just gotta let him do it.
Blurry, but hilarious guest photo
If you are on the fence about having a photo booth, I am here to tell you that Mr. Coyote is right and you absolutely have to have one! We could not believe how popular it was. In fact, people were lining up to get their photos taken before dinner was even served. It was unbelievable.
We ended up hiring The Magnet Man. They offer a little bit of a spin off of your traditional photo booth and provide each guest with a multitude of background choices and a magnet of their photo:
Photo by Upstate Photographers
Our fridge is now covered with them and every time we visit our friends or family we love seeing the magnets on their fridge too! As a part of the package we booked we also received every photo on a disc so we could enjoy them over and over again (and so I could share them with you, of course!). Mr. Coyote and I spent a good hour howling (cuz, y’know, we’re coyotes) over these photos, so we hope you enjoy them too!
(The following photos are all courtesy of The Magnet Man.)
Why yes, that is my father with Mr. Coyote’s father in that bottom photo. What a bunch of troublemakers!
I am 98% sure that my great-uncle did not know what background he was posing for. And I am 99% sure that a few of my crazy cousins wheeled him over and just told him to smile. I can’t help cracking up every time I see my great-uncle posing next to a freakin’ Playboy Bunny!
Oh, and just so you don’t think we’re complete heathens, we did take some nice ones too!
That didn’t last long, though:
Once again, that is my father in the upper left corner wearing a hot pink wig and chillin’ with some Chippendale dudes. (I don’t even want to know.)
I was amazed by how many people (young and old!) took advantage of the photo booth and am honestly appalled by my father’s behavior on this, the day of his daughter’s wedding (just kidding, Dad—thanks for all the great material, though!).
Are you planning on having a photo booth for your wedding?
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Our friends and family gathered for some formal (and not so formal) portraits. Then Mr. Coyote and I spent a few moments alone before heading out to join the rest of our guests for our cocktail hour.
- The reception begins with a rockin’ introduction. Followed by our first dance and parent dances.
- Best Man M knocks us all out of the park with his speech. Our maids of honor had a little trouble with their speech, but my uncle brought us back on track with his beautiful blessing.
- We were too excited to eat, so we spent some time visiting with our guests until it was time to cut the cake.
- We dance and have a private photo shoot.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- Franklin Plaza