I’ve always loved seeing these posts from other Bees. (Mrs. Pony, Mrs. Funnel Cake, Mrs. Honey, Mrs. Pin Cushion, Mrs. Turtle, Mrs. Peep Toe, Mrs. Pretzel, Mrs. Cardigan, Mrs. Sand Dollar”¦the list goes on and on!)
I made my inspiration board after we had a lot of our details in mind, so I’m not surprised that it matches up quite well. Here’s my original, pre-wedding board:
(photo credits can be found in the original post)
And here’s what our wedding looked like:
[All photos except for the straws by Rozy Seitz (I took the straw photo)]
Pretty close, right? There are a few differences, though. The flowers turned out more orange-y, the ceremony area ended up looking different with the small tent in place, and the cake is way off (but cute, and tasty!). I don’t actually have any good close-ups of the bunting or the photos, but our tent turned out way less bunting-y than my inspiration.
You can’t really see the straws on my board but they were yellow-striped, just like my inspiration! I pulled the colour swatches on the bottom directly from the images in the board.
What do you think, Hive? Close or not quite?
Did you miss a recap?
- Our journey begins with a bit of reflection on our wedding.
- We road tripped down Highway 11 to Brockville.
- Sadness came before our joy when we found out a family member passed away.
- We rehearsed, ate pizza, baked a cake, and hot tubbed!
- The girls got up bright and early for a hair appointment.
- We put on our makeup and did our nails while everyone else took care of wedding prep.
- I became a (nervous) bride, and with dress, accessories and makeup on”¦waited.
- Mr. Dragon shares his side of the story.
- Both of the Dragons were jittery, but we managed to get the wedding started.
- But”¦where was Mr. Dragon going?!
- Everyone made it up the aisle, and it was time for the ceremony.
- We sealed our vows with a kiss.
- Inside the house, we signed our license, and took a few relaxing breaths!
- After a rocky start, we breezed through family photos.
- Most of our wedding party photos were candids, because we wanted everyone to be able to eat.
- We dug in to delicious BBQ food and sweet treats.
- Speech! Speech! Speech!
- Mr. Dragon and I did the high school shuffle, then we danced with our parents.
- The party began for real, on the dance floor and elsewhere.
- All the single ladies and dudes made their grabs for the bouquet and garter.
- Growing sleepy, we said goodbye to our guests.
- I showed off our decor details.
- The spotlight then went on our swanky duds!
- We made up a wedding hashtag that some of our guests used.
- Sioux Lookout/Brockville, ON
- Wedding Date:
- Mother of the BrideÃ¢Â€Â™s Residence