I’ve always loved seeing these posts from other Bees. (Mrs. Pony, Mrs. Funnel Cake, Mrs. Honey, Mrs. Pin Cushion, Mrs. Turtle, Mrs. Peep Toe, Mrs. Pretzel, Mrs. Cardigan, Mrs. Sand Dollar…the list goes on and on!)
I made my inspiration board after we had a lot of our details in mind, so I’m not surprised that it matches up quite well. Here’s my original, pre-wedding board:
(photo credits can be found in the original post)
And here’s what our wedding looked like:
[All photos except for the straws by Rozy Seitz (I took the straw photo)]
Pretty close, right? There are a few differences, though. The flowers turned out more orange-y, the ceremony area ended up looking different with the small tent in place, and the cake is way off (but cute, and tasty!). I don’t actually have any good close-ups of the bunting or the photos, but our tent turned out way less bunting-y than my inspiration.
You can’t really see the straws on my board but they were yellow-striped, just like my inspiration! I pulled the colour swatches on the bottom directly from the images in the board.
What do you think, Hive? Close or not quite?
Did you miss a recap?
- Our journey begins with a bit of reflection on our wedding.
- We road tripped down Highway 11 to Brockville.
- Sadness came before our joy when we found out a family member passed away.
- We rehearsed, ate pizza, baked a cake, and hot tubbed!
- The girls got up bright and early for a hair appointment.
- We put on our makeup and did our nails while everyone else took care of wedding prep.
- I became a (nervous) bride, and with dress, accessories and makeup on…waited.
- Mr. Dragon shares his side of the story.
- Both of the Dragons were jittery, but we managed to get the wedding started.
- But…where was Mr. Dragon going?!
- Everyone made it up the aisle, and it was time for the ceremony.
- We sealed our vows with a kiss.
- Inside the house, we signed our license, and took a few relaxing breaths!
- After a rocky start, we breezed through family photos.
- Most of our wedding party photos were candids, because we wanted everyone to be able to eat.
- We dug in to delicious BBQ food and sweet treats.
- Speech! Speech! Speech!
- Mr. Dragon and I did the high school shuffle, then we danced with our parents.
- The party began for real, on the dance floor and elsewhere.
- All the single ladies and dudes made their grabs for the bouquet and garter.
- Growing sleepy, we said goodbye to our guests.
- I showed off our decor details.
- The spotlight then went on our swanky duds!
- We made up a wedding hashtag that some of our guests used.