Almost all of our wedding guests and all of our wedding party were all staying at the same hotel. This just happened to have a bar attached to it. Naturally, an after party was going to happen. And naturally, all I have to show you are a lot of fuzzy cell phone pictures of the event. A lot of our guests used the free shuttle service to and from the hotel that we had set up, so most of our guests and wedding party were there before us. We entered into a round of applause, both from our guests and from the patrons of the bar. We got another round of congratulations and another round of drinks:
I’m unsure of why GM C looks so concerned and why MOH A is duckfacing, but I do know that they are both awesome.
While BM Sister changed, the rest of us kept it classy and stayed in dress. This could also be because I somehow forgot to pack a bag for me and Mr. D so we had nothing to change into. MOH A totally had to run to our apartment and bring us clothes the next morning. Yeah”¦go me.
BM S somehow ended up with Sign Dude’s little bow tie. I’m not sure how it happened, only that it did.
GM J and BM D totally busted out the pool game. They were the only two that played, however. The rest of us were content to just watch and drink.
And once again MIL D looks super unhappy, but I promise you she was not. She was seriously overjoyed at us getting married.
Shortly after this, we all went to one of the GM’s rooms and hung out until about two in the morning when Mr. D and I finally retired to our honeymoon suite. It had been a long and glorious day, the best day in my life so far.
UP NEXT: It’s in the details.
All photos are personal.
- We set up the hall and baked some cupcakes
- We rehearsed and had some tacos
- We got ready and Miss Doily became a bride
- Miss Doily finished up some business and pinned some beautiful women
- Mr. D and Miss Doily had their magical first look
- We did some formal quickies
- We goofed around
- There were some people marching down an aisle
- Miss Doily made her final solo walk
- The Doilies become one
- The Doily wedding party gets their group shots
- The Doily wedding party gets their individual snapshots
- The Doilies listen to some toasts and eat some cupcakes
- We danced our first dance
- The Doilies take a break
- The Doilies do a traditional dance
- The Doilies party it up
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Autism Paraeducator/ Student
- Wedding Date:
- March 2012
- FatherÃ¢Â€Â™s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center