It’s been a bit quiet here in the Panda house last few weeks with the holidays and such (sorry!). PBear and I had been madly rushing to finish the semester, so it’s been really great to forget about school for a few days and spend the holidays with our families.
So what have we been up to?
1) Getting the first gift off of our registry. You know the Cusinart Griddler that I drooled over a while back? Guess what showed up on our doorstep a few days after Thanksgiving. Is it as amazing as I thought it would be? Yes. Yes, OMG, yes. I am in love with this thing.
2) Buying ornaments for centerpieces. I plan on using a lot of birds for our centerpieces to tie in the garden theme.
So what better time to get them than when the Christmas ornaments go on clearance? I bought the one from Anthropologie one morning, when I spotted a similar bird for a sixth of the price later that afternoon in Michaels. *sigh* I haven’t decided if I’m keeping both of them yet.
They are both super cute.
3) Getting a better camera. I’ve been wanting a better camera for forever. Yay! Better camera means prettier pictures for blogging! Yay!
4) Taking engagement pictures (maybe). This will have its own post, but a neighbor of ours has offered to take some pictures of us tomorrow, which we might use as engagement pictures.
5) Hunting unsuccessfully for a Lifestyle Letterpress Kit. We need to start making our invitations soon, but unbeknownst to me, apparently all of the craft stores in our area have stopped carrying it. What? *sigh*
6) Eating way too many delicious baked goods. Who has a slightly too small dress that she needs to fit into in half a year? Clearly if it was me, I would be smart enough not to eat all of those cookies and this lava cake, right? Right? You try resisting this, though.
It was as delicious as it looks.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. On behalf of the whole Panda Clan, I just want to wish everyone a (slightly belated) Happy Holidays. I hope yours were as marvelous as ours were.
Did you get that wedding-related gift you were eyeing? Or get distracted from all that DIY’ing while your relatives were around? Did wedding planning seep into the holidays for anyone else?
- Boston, MA
- Graduate Student
- Wedding Date:
- June 2013