We had a three-hour break between our ceremony and reception, which gave us plenty of time to take photos around the city. Mr. T and I put a lot of thought into which parts of our beautiful city would provide the best backdrops for our wedding photos. My number-one location was North Avenue Beach, which is where we started out, because I think it has one of the best skyline views.
We got off the trolley and headed over to the water. If you want to attract a lot of attention, gather a group of people wearing tuxedos and gowns and parade around the beach on a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon.
We started off with photos of the wedding party.
Then we split up and got guy pictures…
…and girl pictures.
It was really hot in the sun, so while the boys were taking photos, I took the opportunity to cool off by lifting my dress up all lady-like.
The photographers were excited by my blue shoes.
Evidence of the sunny weather. I wanted to dive right into that water.
After I cooled down, we made sure to take individual photos with our wedding-party members.
Mr. T and I got some solo shots…
…before combining forces.
All photos by Andrew Collings Photography
Miss a Treasure recap? Catch up!
- Practice Makes Perfect – Our rehearsal
- Hitting Rock Bottom – Our rehearsal dinner and too many butterflies
- Hair, Makeup, and Broken Mirrors – I get ready with my girl friends
- All Dressed Up – I become a bride
- The Somethings – Old, new, borrowed, blue
- The Guys Get Ready – Mr. T and the rest of the guys get dressed and head to the church
- Goin’ to the Chapel – We head to the chapel and fix a wardrobe malfunction on the way
- Moments Before – My nerves resurface just before the ceremony
- The Processional – The bridal party makes their way down the aisle
- Here Comes the Bride – My parents walk me down the aisle as I see Mr. T for the first time
- I Do – Our Catholic wedding ceremony
- We Are Family – We take formal photos with our family
- Trolley Time – We cruise around Chicago on our trolley
- Law Student
- Wedding Date:
- September 2012
- Saint James Chapel at Quigley Prep/Murphy Auditorium