One thing I really wanted was to get photos of our families together. While the dancing was going on, but before things got too crazy, we called our family members up to the stage to do a big photo. This is my giant Irish family. (And this isn’t even everyone! We’re missing at least 15 people.)
Next up was Mr. T‘s family. They’re a slightly more manageable size.
Finally, we took a photo with all of our friends from our college musical theater group. Most of them live in Chicago with us and have become our pseudo-family here.
After we took group photos, our caterers brought out the final surprise of the evening: our late-night snack. As soon as Mr. T found out we could have mini Chicago-style hot dogs on the dance floor, he insisted we get them.
They were delicious and very popular with our friends and family members. I was happy that my nervous stomach had subsided, so even I could enjoy one.
All photos by Andrew Collings Photography
Miss a Treasure recap? Catch up!
- Practice Makes Perfect – Our rehearsal
- Hitting Rock Bottom – Our rehearsal dinner and too many butterflies
- Hair, Makeup, and Broken Mirrors – I get ready with my girl friends
- All Dressed Up – I become a bride
- The Somethings – Old, new, borrowed, blue
- The Guys Get Ready – Mr. T and the rest of the guys get dressed and head to the church
- Goin’ to the Chapel – We head to the chapel and fix a wardrobe malfunction on the way
- Moments Before – My nerves resurface just before the ceremony
- The Processional – The bridal party makes their way down the aisle
- Here Comes the Bride – My parents walk me down the aisle as I see Mr. T for the first time
- I Do – Our Catholic wedding ceremony
- We Are Family – We take formal photos with our family
- Trolley Time – We cruise around Chicago on our trolley
- Life’s a Beach – We take photos at North Avenue Beach
- The Nitty Gritty – We take gritty, urban photos near the Kinzie Street Bridge
- Stopping Traffic – We take photos in the middle of LaSalle Street
- Magnificent – We take photos on the Magnificent Mile
- The Da Vinci Code – We finish up our group photos in Renaissance style
- Cocktail Hour – We mix and mingle with our guests
- The Little Things – The details of our day, including our non-traditional centerpieces
- Make an Entrance – The wedding party enters the reception to the sounds of Passion Pit
- Raise Your Glass – Our family members toast our new marriage
- Let Them Eat Cake – We greet our guests and cut their cakes
- Take My Hand – Our first dance
- The Mamas and the Papas – The father/daughter and mother/son dances
- Just Dance – The truly epic dance party
- Law Student
- Wedding Date:
- September 2012
- Saint James Chapel at Quigley Prep/Murphy Auditorium