Just after we served our late-night snack, our wonderful photographers left for the night. But we still had two hours of partying left. Fortunately, my dad had his camera there to capture the rest of the evening.
I know I wrote that we weren’t going to do the bouquet or garter tosses. Mr. T hates the garter toss with a passion, but near the end of the evening, I looked over at my wilting bouquet and figured that if it was just going to go in the trash anyway, I might as well have some fun with it. So I walked over to our DJ, asked her to put on “Single Ladies,” and made my way onto the stage with my bouquet overhead.
I turned around as my friends gathered together in the middle of the dance floor.
I counted to three and then I let ‘er rip.
It landed right in my friend E’s hands.
She put it in a vase at her apartment when she got home, and when I went over a week later, it was alive and well! I’m glad that I spontaneously decided to toss my bouquet because it saved me the sadness of having to throw it in the trash, and it decorated her apartment for a week.
Miss a Treasure recap? Catch up!
- Practice Makes Perfect – Our rehearsal
- Hitting Rock Bottom – Our rehearsal dinner and too many butterflies
- Hair, Makeup, and Broken Mirrors – I get ready with my girl friends
- All Dressed Up – I become a bride
- The Somethings – Old, new, borrowed, blue
- The Guys Get Ready – Mr. T and the rest of the guys get dressed and head to the church
- Goin’ to the Chapel – We head to the chapel and fix a wardrobe malfunction on the way
- Moments Before – My nerves resurface just before the ceremony
- The Processional – The bridal party makes their way down the aisle
- Here Comes the Bride – My parents walk me down the aisle as I see Mr. T for the first time
- I Do – Our Catholic wedding ceremony
- We Are Family – We take formal photos with our family
- Trolley Time – We cruise around Chicago on our trolley
- Life’s a Beach – We take photos at North Avenue Beach
- The Nitty Gritty – We take gritty, urban photos near the Kinzie Street Bridge
- Stopping Traffic – We take photos in the middle of LaSalle Street
- Magnificent – We take photos on the Magnificent Mile
- The Da Vinci Code – We finish up our group photos in Renaissance style
- Cocktail Hour – We mix and mingle with our guests
- The Little Things – The details of our day, including our non-traditional centerpieces
- Make an Entrance – The wedding party enters the reception to the sounds of Passion Pit
- Raise Your Glass – Our family members toast our new marriage
- Let Them Eat Cake – We greet our guests and cut their cakes
- Take My Hand – Our first dance
- The Mamas and the Papas – The father/daughter and mother/son dances
- Just Dance – The truly epic dance party
- Group Photos and a Late-Night Snack – Family photos and hot dogs are a great combination
- Law Student
- Wedding Date:
- September 2012
- Saint James Chapel at Quigley Prep/Murphy Auditorium