One of my rationales for having an insanely long engagement was the idea that I could do many DIY projects and not be rushing to do them at the last minute.
I didn’t really take into account that I am a bit of a procrastinator and thus would still leave projects to do at the last minute anyways, but oh well, live and learn. It seems like I’m not the only one with this problem!
Here are a couple of projects that I’ve put together recently. I wanted to share them with you guys since I’m really proud of how they turned out, but they really aren’t big enough for their own post, so random projects in a row!
1) Thank you banner. Pbear thinks making a gigantic prop for one picture for our thank you cards is silly, but I kind of like it.
I have no idea why the peach photographs so orangey. *sigh*
It’s hard to tell from afar, but the letters have this gorgeous watercolor look to them.
2) Book for our vows. (Don’t read if you’re horrified at the idea of marking on/destroying old books!) This was inspired by Mrs. Dalmatian’s vows books. I found this old book in the clearance bin of our local old books bookstore. It is a book titled “To the One I Love the Best” and has this gorgeous bouquet drawing on the the front, which fits perfectly with our theme.
It, however, had other words on the cover which kind of took away from the our purpose. Thus, I covered up the words and made it more personalized. I also modified the spine and added ribbon to mark where we will add in our vows. I really love how it turned out and I’m excited to have it on our shelves for years to come.
3) Altar decorations. After trying desperately to find pots to create topiaries for the altar, I finally gave up and went with a candlestick. I popped the stick off of the pom and ta-da, instantly pretty and done. I should have realized what would have worked earlier.
4) Custom hanger. I know no one really notices and it’ll be in exactly one picture, but I always wanted a custom hanger. Thus, I bought some wood hangers (six bucks for five) and some 12 gauge wire (two bucks) and made myself one. Pbear weirdly has a thing against writing Mrs. Pbear on it, so instead it says Panda <3 Pbear, which at the end of the day, I think works better anyways.
You have no idea how hard it was to edit all of that prettiness out.
5) Baskets for programs and favors. Based off of the comments from my favors post, I decided to go with baskets as my holding mechanism. Baskets are insanely cheap (Dollar Store!) and can be spruced up easily. I bought three of them, hot glued some fabric onto it to make them look nicer, slapped on a sign, and ta-da!
|I’ll come back to the programs in another post, I promise!|
6) Bouquets. I’ve put this off for so long now since I had no idea how to make it work. I eventually just had to sit down one day and do it. I’m not 100% sold on the ribbon for the bridesmaids bouquets, but I think they will do.
7) Corsages. I made the bouts ages ago, but I never really found a corsage that I liked. After reading Mrs. Potion’s corsage tutorial, I decided to make them similarly. I used strands of pearls I got from Michaels and elastic thread. Once I made a long chain, I double wrapped it together and then I glued a flower on top. Ta-da.
|The beginning and end of my career as a hand model.|
As you can probably tell, it’s a busy, busy time at the Panda household now that we’re in the home stretch. Tell me, what last minute projects are you working on? Are you (still) working on projects that you swore you’d finish months ago? How is it already almost the end of May? Any other June bride freaking out?