With only three and a half short months before I become Mrs. Camera, my to-do checklist is dwindling down in the loveliest way. Unfortunately, an open box remains next to “Bridal Party Gifts.” Seeing this makes the panic set in, for the millionth time.
As a reminder, we have eight bridesmaids and eight groomsmen. That’s sixteen members of the wedding party to gift…not including something for the flower girl and ring bearer, but they’re three and a half and two and a half, and not picky.
I’ve seen every common bridesmaid gift out there—personalized stationary, shot glasses, robes, travel coffee mugs, you name it. I just can’t seem to nail down an idea that I like, that would fit everyone, and that’s within our preset $20 limit per person. Below are some of the options I have put on the “possible ideas” list for my bridesmaids, though none are particularly jumping out at me.
1. Jewelry Roll: When my brother married his wife a few years ago, I was a bridesmaid and received a roll similar to this. I use it whenever I travel, and have found it quite useful. Mine is not personalized, but a lot of websites have options to do so.
Image via The Organized Bride Store
2. Tote Bags: I love tote bags, especially these from Land’s End or L.L. Bean. Unfortunately, the ones I find to be more useful are the larger ones, which tend to run over $30, out of our budget. I also am not sure if anyone else would actually enjoy them as much as I do.
Image via Land’s End
3. Cosmetic Bags: What girl doesn’t need somewhere to stash her make-up? I like these with the waffle weave, but again, I can’t decide who would like or not like their name or initials to be on their bag.
Image via Me Myself and I Gifts
These gifts are all nice, and I’m sure they would be grateful to receive anything I choose to gift them with, but none of them make me think of “them.” I really want the gifts to be useful, thoughtful and meaningful at the same time. As a result, I have begun thinking of getting them individual gifts that all amount to about $20 each.
What did you get your bridesmaids? Any other ideas for me? Anyone get their girls different gifts?
- Charlotte, NC/Charleston, SC
- Physician Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- September 2013
- The Island House, Charleston, SC