I don’t know about you, but I love data. That may be the researcher in me talking, but I’ve always really enjoyed the guest list breakdowns when other bees have posted them.
We invited 169 guests to our wedding. (Not counting courtesy plus-ones. We invited 182 with those.) This was a jump from our original guest list of ~150, but we had the luxury of being able to invite who we wanted without worrying about size. (True story: there was a wedding at our venue where the bride and groom hired Tom Petty to play. If they could fit that, we can fit 180+ guests.)
To be fair, a few more of each of my friends and Sparky’s friends could be counted as mutual, but I was trying to be true to the relationships with this breakdown.
This split wasn’t terribly surprising. Since all of Sparky’s family is out of state and we both have friends and family out of state as well, it makes sense that it was pretty closely divided.
Now, for the RSVPs. On our “RSVP by” date, we had received 59.2% of the reply cards back. Of that, 77% responded yes, leaving 23% who replied no. By July 24th (nine days after our cut-off), we’d managed to bring our response rate up to 100% (but we’d dropped to a 65.6% accept rate).
Here you can see the overall yes vs. no.
The “presumed decline” came from two of Sparky’s family friends and one of his cousins (the declines were through Sparky’s mom, not given directly to us).
So there you have it, the Campfire guest list. If I’m being perfectly honest, I’m a little sad that we had such a high decline rate. (I’ve always heard ~20% so our decline rate of ~34% feels high.) Of course, with half of our guests coming from our of town, I guess that isn’t too surprising. I am very excited to celebrate with the people who did accept our invitation and I know that even those who declined will be celebrating from afar.
What did your guest list end up looking like?