Upstairs, the church was gorgeous, the ushers were ushing, and people were slowly trickling in. With about 20 minutes until the ceremony, the priest came down and let me know it was time to head upstairs, to the back of the church. Since I would, technically, have to walk through a small part of the church, my people made a nice wall to block my passage…
In the back room, everyone started to line up in the correct order and things started to get real. My mom and dad worked together to get my veil and my blusher on correctly.
Just before the music started playing, my dad asked Colin, our best man, if he had the rings. Colin pulled the ring bowl out of his pocket and promptly dropped it, sending both rings skittering across the floor.
Everyone looked at me to see if I was going to freak out, but really, it was the perfect ice breaker. I laughed, and while Cait helped Colin tie the rings more securely, my dad and I shared a tiny sip of pre-ceremony whisky. That was it…it was time to get married!
Up next, we start to process down the aisle! What was it like just before you walked down the aisle? I for sure thought I would be a teary mess, but no…laughing and sipping whisky with my dad. Anyone else surprised by their reactions?
- First, a reintroduction to our wedding story
- Our frenzied post-holidays wedding week
- An alarmingly normal rehearsal day, complete with teeth whitening
- I completely blanked on our rehearsal dinner!
- Wedding morning—the ladies get ready
- Miss Gloves gets her wedding hair did
- The gentlemen have some bacon…and get dressed
- Miss Gloves turns into a bride…with Howie’s help!
- A missing bustle…or was it?
- A quick look at the morning details
- The Gloves take a look—and it’s magnificent
- A lovely pre-wedding photo session
- Gifting the VIPs
***As always, these photos are courtesy of the tremendously talented Barefeet Studio