Photo booths are the best thing to happen to wedding receptions since the dance floor. Nothing gets guests more in the mood to be silly than a photo booth (accompanied by awesome props, of course). In particular, I’m a huge fan of the ones that actually print out the photos—we decided to nix traditional favors (we didn’t want to give people useless tchotchkes; plus, it was another way to save some money) in “favor” of having guests take their printed photos home as a keepsake.
Grandpa checking out his photo booth pics
We rented the photo booth through DJ Yo-C, so luckily he was able to provide us with a CD of all the images captured throughout the night. And let me tell you, our guests took the silliness and fun factor to a whole new level! Apparently people’s inhibitions seriously go out the window when it comes to a photo booth. You could imagine my shock when after the wedding, I popped in the CD to look through the photos and saw some guests doing semi-naughty things in there! Those photos will obviously NOT be posted here to protect said parties…but it was absolutely HILARIOUS.
Here are some less scandalous examples of how much our guests enjoyed the photo booth. To jazz up the background (which came plain white), I bought a damask photo backdrop from Party City. I love the way it looks and it was SO cheap (less than $5)!!
Everyone was loving their props!
This is actually me and my seven bridesmaids trying to squeeze into the booth.
Our photographers luckily caught this moment from the outside!
And as the night went on, the photos got sillier and sillier.
My bridesmaids and their significant others
GM Z and his fiancee losing their footing on the left
Bringing in the reception props as well as the photo booth ones!
My cousin on the left making the most hilarious face ever
Even Mr. M’s family got in on the fun!
Mr. M’s dad, uncle, and grandparents!
Mr. M’s family portrait
Me and my MIL
And of course, Mr. M and I had to show the photo booth some love.
Another great shot from our photos
But the photo that really takes the cake is my dad using a photo booth for the first time. It was so amazing that I had to turn it into the animated GIF below.
Sipping his ginger ale like a BOSS
I love the fact that I have all these blackmail photos—it’s one thing to have your professional pictures, but another thing to have a CD full of your guests being extra ridiculous.
Next up, the party continues to have a life of its own, so we decide to sneak off to the side to cut the cake.
Missed a recap? Catch up here:
- Guests drop it like it’s hot on the dance floor.
- Dinner, speeches, and partying ensue.
- The anniversary dance and celebrating the grandparents’ 65 years of marriage!
- Mr. M and I share a moment and I cut a rug with my dad.
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- New Haven, CT
- Digital Advertising
- Wedding Date:
- May 2013
- Hotel Nelligan in Montreal, CA