Since we didn’t have room in the budget to drop thousands of dollars on the videographer we wanted, we decided to work with WeddingMix instead. With them, we were able to rent several Flip cams, which we entrusted to certain guests to capture certain footage throughout the wedding day. While looking through the hundreds of photos from our photogs, I actually managed to find these pictures below that show our friends recording footage with cameras!
All photos by Sarelle Photos
My bridesmaids took turns capturing footage of the girls getting ready.
Mr. M’s brother got him opening up my wedding morning gift and card.
We had a friend and Mr. M’s uncle capture the ceremony.
Another friend captured all the dances.
And another friend got footage of the speeches.
Now granted, if you are looking for the movie-trailer cinematic quality of a professional videographer, then this option isn’t for you. But if you would love to capture the most beautiful day of your life on camera, with footage taken by your closest friends and family at a fraction of the cost of hiring a videographer, then this is hands down the best option out there.
Not only do we have our short wedding trailer living on YouTube, but we also have a full-length video of the wedding day, with scenes chosen by me after combing through hours of footage. (You can also pay a bit extra to have them choose the footage for you.) WeddingMix’s editing team then did their magic and turned the video into a keepsake DVD for us to have forever. Photos are amazing and wedding must have, but there is nothing like being able to watch your husband get emotional as he reads his vows or your dad’s awesome moves on the dance floor!
Would you consider DIY videography or will you hire a videographer?
Missed a recap? Catch up here:
- Midnight snacks and a love circle last dance.
- Cutting cake and sneaking off to the hotel roof.
- People get silly in the photo booth.
- Guests drop it like it’s hot on the dance floor.
- Dinner, speeches, and partying ensue.
- The anniversary dance and celebrating the grandparents’ 65 years of marriage!
- Mr. M and I share a moment and I cut a rug with my dad.
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- New Haven, CT
- Digital Advertising
- Wedding Date:
- May 2013
- Hotel Nelligan in Montreal, CA