And with a blink of the eye, our reception was coming to an end.
Photo by Lisa Rigby Photography
The cupcakes and some coffee and tea were put out for people to enjoy.
Then my MOH started gathering people for the after-party while our parents and the venue staff started to take all of the decorations down while PBear and I said our goodbyes and paid off the rest of our tab.
I know a lot of people plan exits for themselves, but honestly, I was planning on being the last man standing. I wanted to be there until the bitter end, and suddenly there we were. I remember the immense sadness, happiness, relief, and tiredness that I felt. It had taken so long to carefully put everything together, and yet within minutes it had all been taken back down. It was so sad looking around the room at the remains.
The panda bag held everything we needed to bring back that night, and we left the rest of it with my parents to bring back the next day.
We walked a few blocks down to our after-party in an excited, dreamy night. The night was alive and excited with spectators of the Boston versus Chicago Stanley Cup game (we eventually won this game in overtime but lost the series—oh well). It was so utterly romantic, just us and the city we love so much.
We had the balcony area of Globe Bar and Grill, a bar nearby, and we just hung out for old times’ sake. All in all, it was a nice mellow end to the day. If I could freeze any moment on our wedding day, I think it would be this moment right here.
And with that, our wedding day was over. After a few rounds of drinks, we hailed down a cab and headed back home.
Miss a recap? Previously:
- We’re back from hiding and we reintroduce ourselves.
- The weekend begins with a low-key bachelorette party.
- We start setting up and rehearse.
- We exchange gifts and do speeches at a delicious rehearsal dinner.
- The morning begins with hair and makeup.
- The boys get dressed down the hall.
- I get all dolled up and put on my amazing dress and showed off my little details
- I take my bridal portraits
- We have our first look and take some pictures.
- And then pictures with our bridal party and even more pictures with our family
- Our ceremony site is set up as our guests start to arrive
- The ceremony begins with a processional and then PBear meets me halfway
- We do a ring warming and some readings and make it official.
- We take group pictures and then go into hiding.
- We mingle during our Cocktail Hour.
- Our reception starts off with lots of little details and a side note.
- And then things start to go wrong.
- But we cut cake anyways.
- Boston, MA
- Graduate Student
- Wedding Date:
- June 2013