Hive, I’ve come to an important realization while writing these recaps—weddings are primarily composed of photo ops.
That’s right—our guests were now all at the reception, chatting pleasantly, sampling hors d’oeuvre and whiskey, and we were…not. Because we had more pictures to take, obviously!
First, though, I had to boss some people around (because that’s what I do best) and the photographer decided to capture the moment. As it turns out, this provided some lovely shots of my bouquet:
Once I was done ordering people about, it was time for some pictures with my girls.
(This may come as a shock to some of you, as I’m sure my previous photos have been deceiving, but, believe it or not, I’m rather short. 5’2 1/2″, to be exact. [And yes, the half inch makes all the difference.] Also, I chose to wear flats on our wedding day for various reasons relating to comfort and general awesomeness. I told my bridesmaids to wear whatever shoes they wanted (so long as they were silver and not sneakers), so some picked heels. But who am I kidding—I’m miles shorter than the girls that wore flats, too.)
And then, of course, there were a couple of group shots:
By now we were all pretty much starving, buuuuut we couldn’t leave until Mr. Potion and I made out a little bit. Oops.
Was your wedding mostly eating, mostly dancing, or mostly taking photos?
*all photos by One Photo Gallery*
Miss a Potion recap?
- Love Potion #0.5: Uh”¦Who is This Chick?
- Love Potion #1: Dress Rehearsal
- Love Potion #2: Gettin’ Our Hairs Did
- Love Potion #3: Last Minute Details
- Love Potion #4: Corsages for the Generations
- Love Potion #5: The Boys Get Spiffy
- Love Potion #6: “Formal” Portraits
- Love Potion #7: Goin’ to the Chapel”¦
- Love Potion #8: Proceeding with the Ceremony
- Love Potion #9: Leaving Our Families to Cling to Each Other
- Love Potion #10: And Then We Got Married
- Love Potion #11: Our First Meal as a Married Couple
- Love Potion #12: Boys Just Don’t Smile
- Love Potion #13: Formal Portraits that are Formal: Family Edition
- Herndon, VA
- Wedding Date:
- November 2012
- St. JohnÃ¢Â€Â™s Catholic Church / SpringHouse, Alexander City, AL