…I’m talking, of course, about the cupcakes.
You may recall that we decided to forgo the traditional wedding cake and have a variety of cupcake flavors instead. There was a table to the side of the dance floor holding a small selection of these cupcakes as the guest arrived to whet their appetites, as it were, though we placed a sign on the table so no one would steal a cupcake before we had a chance to eat one
Front and center on this little table was our “cake topper,” created by my uber talented sister/MOH:
About halfway through the reception, the waiters brought out the rest of the cupcakes and removed the sign:
That meant it was time for the “cake cutting!” We surveyed the delicious offerings and discussed whether to share a chocolate, red velvet, or carrot cake cupcake:
We picked chocolate!
I gave Mr. Potion a bite:
Then it was my turn—but first, I reminded Mr. Potion not to squish it in my face because that would NOT. BE. FUNNY. PERIOD.
…I got frosting on my nose anyway, though. It was kind of unavoidable!
The cupcakes weren’t the only sweets at the reception—we also had a candy buffet!
(Do you see those two potion bottles hiding off to the right?)
Are you having a traditional tiered wedding cake or a different kind of dessert? Married ladies—did you get cake smooshed in your face on the big day?
*all photos by One Photo Gallery*
Miss a Potion Recap?
- Love Potion #0.5: Uh”¦Who is This Chick?
- Love Potion #1: Dress Rehearsal
- Love Potion #2: Gettin’ Our Hairs Did
- Love Potion #3: Last Minute Details
- Love Potion #4: Corsages for the Generations
- Love Potion #5: The Boys Get Spiffy
- Love Potion #6: “Formal” Portraits
- Love Potion #7: Goin’ to the Chapel”¦
- Love Potion #8: Proceeding with the Ceremony
- Love Potion #9: Leaving Our Families to Cling to Each Other
- Love Potion #10: And Then We Got Married
- Love Potion #11: Our First Meal as a Married Couple
- Love Potion #12: Boys Just Don’t Smile
- Love Potion #13: Formal Portraits that are Formal: Family Edition
- Love Potion #14: Formal Portraits that are Formal: Bridesmaid Edition
- Love Potion #14.5: We Didn’t Have a DOC
- Love Potion #15: Why Dance When You Can Watch Football?
- Herndon, VA
- Wedding Date:
- November 2012
- St. JohnÃ¢Â€Â™s Catholic Church / SpringHouse, Alexander City, AL