After we got the required, traditional bridal-party and family photos, we decided to kick it up a notch for some more fun photos, but not before everyone went inside and changed their shoes. I don’t mind a bit, even though it does look strange in some of these photos.
That dock made for a great photo opportunity, and while it was a bit overcast so the sunset wasn’t as brilliant as I had hoped, it still looked so pretty.
Remember way back when, when I said I was dead set on having an “outdoor lounge”? Well, it worked out, and I loved it. And people loved to take pictures in it. This is one of my favorite bridal-party photos of the whole day.
When we finally got off the couch, we realized there was a whole river out there, just asking for us to take pictures next to it.
Cam and his buds always do this weird pointing thing. I don’t think it means anything, but they do it everywhere, all the time.
Next up was the obligatory jumping photo, which of course was a major fail.
And finally. The moment you’ve all been waiting for. Remember those pictures that circulated the internet for a while where the wedding party was running away from a dinosaur/other giant scary beast? Someone had the genius idea to reenact that.
Grumpy Cat was not amused by our antics.
I didn’t see a Sharknado in the weather forecast for Charleston that day.
Great Whites often swim inland, right?
BM Mom’s husband is a tech wiz, and he saw what we were doing. Three days later, while on my honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, I received these files via email, and they were perfect. My brother, GM VT, standing on the far left, was not scared by cats, Sharknados, or great whites. He’s just that much of a bad-ass. Also, SIL/BM Boys is the best. If you can zoom in, do it on the girl just behind me to the right. I feel like she’s screaming “WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!”
By this point, everyone was thirsty, so we headed inside and got a round of drinks from the cocktail hour that was happening out front.
Did anyone else’s wedding get ruined by a shark? And by ruined I mean made a hundred times more awesome.
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- Charlotte, NC/Charleston, SC
- Physician Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- September 2013
- The Island House, Charleston, SC