The sun was going down and the guests were getting pumped up—it was reception time! We spent an obscene amount of time trying to decide what song to enter the reception to, another thing we probably didn’t need to spend so much time or energy on. Initially, Cam and I were both dead set on Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes indie anthem “Home,” but a lot of our bridal party had never heard the song. We ultimately used that for our recessional, and it worked out perfectly.
One day I was listening to Pandora at work, and Michael Franti & Spearhead’s “Say Hey (I Love You)” came on. I found myself dancing in my chair and then I realized—everyone knows this song, it’s catchy, it’s upbeat, it’s perfect! So that’s what we went with!
Sometime between cocktail hour and our entrances, Cam’s uncle who works as a karaoke host and DJ in San Francisco decided that he wanted to do the bridal-party introductions. Hilarity ensued.
First up were MIL and FIL Camera:
Followed by my parents.
*Side note: Not only did Mama Camera have a rough summer because of her breast cancer surgery and treatments, but the week before our wedding she sprained her knee. Or at least at that time we thought she sprained her knee; she ended up having an MRI of her knee, which showed a torn meniscus. I felt so awful for her, so I told her change into her sneaks after the photos were done, but she insisted on making her entrance in her heels.
Our bridal party started with BM Cupcake and GM VTech, Cam’s sister and my brother, respectively:
Followed closely by BM Boys (Cam’s other sister) and Doctor GM:
Next up were BM FUN. and GM Sailor. Fun fact: They got married about a month later!
And then BM Mom and GM Swag. (See how he got his name?)
And then BM Yer Welcome Gangnam Style’d with GM Teach—they got married about two months before we did.
Then came BM Hamster with GM Art. These two didn’t know each other before our wedding weekend, but you would never have guessed it by how much fun they had!
BM Work It and GM App sprinkler’ed their way to the tent:
And last but not least, MOH JJ entered with Best Man Bro doing some sort of strange dance move.
It was perfect timing because “Say Hey” had about 10 seconds left, in which the bridal party danced around in the tent while the DJ was getting ready to change the song for our first introduction as Mr. and Mrs. Cam was dead set on this being our entrance song, and I quickly jumped on board. Oh, did you want to know what he picked?
Do you want to go do karate in the garage? YUP. Did we just become best friends? YUP.
So much room to do activities!
This one was a gratuitous cupcake shot.
Next up: we dance!
Previously on Picture Perfect:
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit-complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.
- We take girly photos.
- Cam has some manly time.
- We have a first un-look.
- Despite both being forgetful, we exchange gifts.
- I have a super sweet moment with my mom, while Cam shows off his socks.
- The procession begins.
- The most important walk of my life
- We FINALLY GET MARRIED.
- We take lots of photos.
- My outdoor lounge is a success.
- Cocktail hour is a success.
- Charlotte, NC/Charleston, SC
- Physician Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- September 2013
- The Island House, Charleston, SC