After dinner and chatting with guests at their tables, it was time for our first dance.
It was nothing fancy; we didn’t take lessons, or practice, or really give this aspect of our wedding day that much thought. We’re just not big on dancing (unless you get some drinks in us!), although I enjoy it a lot more than he does. So with no real plan, except for which song to dance to, we just went up there and did our thing. And it was perfect.
I think the pictures speak for themselves much better than I could describe our first dance with words (that’s your warning that this is a picture heavy post!), but here is our first dance song to set the mood as you scroll down: Ingrid Michaelson’s Can’t Help Falling In Love. This is one of my all time favorite songs, and every time I hear this version of it I still get chills remembering our dance.
(This would be me getting Mr. Cola back for earlier, by whispering inside jokes about our cats in his ear to make him laugh.)
At some point during the “take my hand, take my whole life too…” chorus, I took Mr. Cola’s hand. Gotta change up the “8th Grade Sway” a little! 😉
After a blissful 3 1/2 minutes of concentrating on each other (which felt wonderfully so much longer than it really was, but was over much too quickly), we gave our guests a bow, and everyone clapped.
And then, it was time to hit the bar and enjoy the evening!
Will you be taking dance lessons for your first dance? Or are you just going with the flow and dancing however feels natural to you?
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
- Wedding party and family portraits, and my thoughts on missing pictures
- Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour while we took a few more photos
- Everyone ate a delicious dinner, and our siblings gave beautiful toasts
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)