One of my favorite parts of the reception was the anniversary dance. Mr. Hawk and I took the dance floor and as the song progressed, Liz asked other couples to join us according to how long they had been married.
T and GM J were the first to join us, only being married three weeks. Needless to say T was quite excited.
Liz called out those married two years or less and then five years or less. Many of our married friends were on the dance floor.
Before we knew it, Liz was calling out couples married 10, 20, 30, and 40-plus years.
I can’t explain how it felt to be surrounded by so many inspirational couples. The love in the room during these moments was palpable.
Have you considered including an anniversary dance in your reception?
All photos by Valerie Demo Photography
Miss a recap? Don’t fret! Catch up here:
- We review our planning journey
- We rehearse and welcome our guests
- The girls get pretty
- I share my bridal details
- Mr. Hawk becomes a groom
- Our first look
- We take photos at Crim Dell Bridge
- We explore campus for more photography
- The groomsmen ham it up
- The bridal party channels their inner model
- The entire wedding party regroups
- My last moments as a Miss
- Welcome to our wedding ceremony
- The bridal party procession
- Miss Hawk’s walk down the aisle
- We’re married!
- We were surrounded by love during our impromptu receiving line
- We take our family formals
- All our reception details
- I scarf bread ends while our guests enjoy cocktail hour
- We make our grand entrances
- Mr. Hawk and I have our first dance
- Daddy Hawk and I dance
- Mr. Hawk’s mother-son moment
- We eat! (Yes, we actually ate!)
- Cheesin’ it up in the photo booth
- We dance and the boys break out cigars
- We cut our cake
- Time for toasts!