I know lots of couples decide not to do the bouquet and garter tosses these days, but for us they were just fun traditions, that have been done at almost every wedding we’ve been to. So we figured, why not?
Our MC groomsman made the announcement, and ladies started gathering to one side of the bar. I surveyed my targets.
Then I did a fake out throw! I love the below guest photo because you can see just how badly our officiant’s girlfriend wanted to catch it, and my sister looks like she’s saying, “hey, what the hell is with the fake throw!”
I figured more than one fake toss would just be cruel, so I went ahead with the real toss.
I quickly spun around to find out who had caught it.
It turns out it was my cousin (with her arms in the air in the above photo). This was apparently the third bouquet she’s caught, so hopefully good luck comes in 3s in her case!
Are you planning on doing the traditional bouquet and/or garter tosses at your wedding?
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC
- setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
- Wedding party and family portraits, and my thoughts on missing pictures
- Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour while we took a few more photos
- Everyone ate a delicious dinner, and our siblings gave beautiful toasts
- We didn’t practice, but we had a very special and wonderful first dance as husband and wife
- I showed you some disposable camera pictures, which were totally worth it to include on our tables!
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)