About an hour and a half into dancing, it was time to throw the bouquet and garter. But before we could do that, I had to find a bouquet and a garter!
I had planned to just throw my bouquet because I couldn’t really take it with me, but it had my bee charms and my grandma’s brooch in it, that I didn’t want to lose. My mom found one of the bridesmaid’s bouquets, I ran upstairs and put on my garter, and it was go time.
The single ladies got ready to made a grab (particularly Fatina”¦). I was worried I’d throw it too high and bounce it off the tent frame, but I ended just lobbing it directly behind my head. I don’t think those in the back row really minded. 😉
I turned around just in time to see a scuffle emerge between Michelle and Fatina!
Michelle won! You may be wondering how we have these photos if Rozy is in them. I put Isaac on the spot yet again and asked him to take photos with Rozy’s camera (both of them kindly obliged my request).
Now, Mr. Dragon had grand plans for a granny-panties fake-out, but as you’ll see, it didn’t go that well.
He dug under my dress, found the garter, and took the panties out of his pocket at the same time. But instead of holding up the underwear as a joke, he forgot what he was doing and threw them, all balled up, instead.
Not only did he throw them, he WINGED them over everyone’s heads, into the back corner of the tent. Apparently they landed at my grandpa’s feet, he didn’t want ”˜em, and they came right back over. I love that GM Jesse is doing the “Whaaaat?!” hands, here.
So”¦Isaac caught the underwear. But everyone thought it was the garter, so they all went and sat down.
Mr. Dragon flung the garter after trying to get everyone to catch it again, but there were only three people in line..and he sent it flying to the back corner AGAIN!
GM Jesse caught the garter charm that went flying off of it mid-toss, and I think someone tossed the garter back to the front again”¦either way, Isaac ended up with the underwear AND the garter which has to be some kind of good luck, right?
Now, Mr. Dragon caught the garter at his brother’s wedding a few years ago, and I caught the bouquet at Andrea’s wedding literally days before Mr. Dragon proposed, so I think these two are destined for wedded bliss. 🙂
I was worried the tosses would be a big embarrassing ordeal but I’m actually really glad we did them. It was really funny, low-key and low-pressure, and I think everyone got a lot of exercise with all the throwing!
Did you do the tosses? Was it fun?
Did you miss a recap?
- Our journey begins with a bit of reflection on our wedding.
- We road tripped down Highway 11 to Brockville.
- Sadness came before our joy when we found out a family member passed away.
- We rehearsed, ate pizza, baked a cake, and hot tubbed!
- The girls got up bright and early for a hair appointment.
- We put on our makeup and did our nails while everyone else took care of wedding prep.
- I became a (nervous) bride, and with dress, accessories and makeup on”¦waited.
- Mr. Dragon shares his side of the story.
- Both of the Dragons were jittery, but we managed to get the wedding started.
- But”¦where was Mr. Dragon going?!
- Everyone made it up the aisle, and it was time for the ceremony.
- We sealed our vows with a kiss.
- Inside the house, we signed our license, and took a few relaxing breaths!
- After a rocky start, we breezed through family photos.
- Most of our wedding party photos were candids, because we wanted everyone to be able to eat.
- We dug in to delicious BBQ food and sweet treats.
- Speech! Speech! Speech!
- Mr. Dragon and I did the high school shuffle, then we danced with our parents.
- The party began for real, on the dance floor and elsewhere.
All photos by Rozy Seitz, edited with permission by me.