When we left off, my bustle was done and we had noshed on some kick-ass apps and sipped on some delicious bubbly. We were pretty much ready to get the show on the road, which we did, once we got the go-ahead from our venue coordinator, photographers, and videographer. We lined up outside of the Versailles Ballroom, where our guests were already seated, and everyone took their places for the bridal-party entrance. As we were lining everyone up, MOH Long Legs looked at me and said, “Wait, where are we going?” You see, we had opted for a sweetheart table, with our bridal party scattered at various tables around the room, and I hadn’t actually given any thought to where they should go once they entered. Thankfully, our venue coordinator was there and told everyone to stand at the edge of the dance floor, in front of our sweetheart table.
OK, so full disclosure: I really wanted an awesome entrance, like the one on Glee, but since our friends weren’t exactly on board with the idea, I had to drop it. I did, however, ask everyone to be really high energy. After all, we were really counting on our friends to set the tone for the evening, and we wanted a PARTY…’cause it was 8:30 and the club was jumpin’ jumpin’.
We chose Bruno Mars’s “Marry You” as our bridal-party entrance song because it is cute and upbeat. The DJ announced BM Tiny and Brother GM first, who opted for the traditional “high school homecoming” style of introduction. Womp womp. As we watched from behind the curtain, I said to Mr. Waterfall “That’s not high energy! We said to do high energy! People will think it’s going to be a boring wedding!” When we asked them about it the next day, BM Tiny said she froze up once the spotlight was on her; Brother GM said he thought we wanted to “keep it classy.”
But there was no time to dwell, because the DJ was already introducing BM Green Eyes and GM of Doom. Considering BM Green Eyes is very shy and hates to dance, she did a great job. That’s true love, you guys.
Next up were MOH Long Legs and Best Man Tequila, who winked at me and said, “I got this,” as he walked out. And boy did he ever have it. The crowd went nuts and started chanting his name! He sure knows how to get people riled up.
Before long, the DJ was calling out our names. Mr. Waterfall looked at me and said, “You wanted high energy, right, babe?” He grabbed my hand, and we ran into the ballroom to an explosion of cheers and thunderous applause from our closest family and friends.
Is he doing the “Gangnam Style”?
Since we hadn’t seen the room before walking in, and the spotlight was on us, we were a little bit disoriented and didn’t quite know where to go, but played it off anyway.
And since everyone was still clapping, we did a victory lap around the dance floor before going straight into our first dance.
To see it all in action, take a look at this video! Once again, I’m so glad that we paid for a video. As much as these photos are awesome, every time I look at this video I get the hugest grin on my face! Sorry, I had to block out the names to protect the innocent!
Next up, our first dance as husband and wife!
All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Miss a recap?
- We get it started with our wedding trailer
- We had a really intense wedding week
- We handle some last minute drama and get our nails did
- We practice getting married
- We eat all the French food
- We stuff our faces with chocolate
- The girls get pretty, oh so pretty
- The men suit up
- I put on my wedding dress
- I put on my veil and my entourage loses their sh*t
- I show you all my somethings
- We ride a vintage limo to the church
- The bridal party walks the walk
- We have a tearful “first look” on our walk down the aisle
- The ceremony begins with some lovely readings
- We exchange our vows and rings and have a blessing of the hands
- We finish mass, have a rose ceremony and sign the marriage register
- We take some pictures with our families
- We take a few bridal party pictures
- We take some pictures, just the two of us
- We skip cocktail hour, and spend some time with our friends