(HIVE! Remember me? Mrs. Armadillo? I’m officially the worst blogger ever. But I blame that on how cray cray real world life has been lately! Mr. A and I have been SO BUSY with jobs and house hunting and etc., that time just slipped away from me. But I’m back to finish up my recaps, so hopefully you’ll forgive me!)
After taking some portraits in the local park with our bridal party, Mr. A and I headed to our reception where we were warmly and enthusiastically greeted by all our guests. We didn’t have an intro song or anything fancy like that, but being swarmed by gobs of people and meeting some of Mr. A’s family friends for the first time was an equally fantastic way to make an entrance, if I do say so, myself.
Since we didn’t have a traditional cocktail hour spread, our guests were pretty darn hungry by the time we made our entrance, so we went straight to dinner. We served up hearty portions of chicken parmesan and penne alfredo buffet-style from Johnny Carino’s. Our guests LOVED it (and so did I!)
We had two buffet lines, which got everyone through with food in about 15 minutes. Mr. A and I went first, followed by our bridal party, and after eating next to nothing all day, I seriously couldn’t wait to plop myself down in my chair and get my grub on!
Can you see my new favorite shoes sticking out from underneath the bottom of our table? LOVE!
We scarfed down our plates before our guests could finish their meals, that way we’d be able to do the first dances while folks were still eating. Up next, we get toasted!
- I gave you guys a recap of my recaps.
- I cried over cupcakes, we rehearsed, and stayed up until ungodly hours the night before our wedding day.
- We spent the whole morning and afternoon of the wedding day setting up the reception venue, and I massaged my own feet in the shower.
- Mr. A and his guys got dressed and had a mini photo session in the alley behind our church.
- Our photographer gets some shots of my wedding day accessories, and my ruby slippers are presented with their own personal photo session.
- I FINALLY get into my dress and I take some awesome pictures with my bridesmaids and Mama Dillo.
- I get a special, sentimental gift from Papa Dillo and I become obsessive about the time and take a few more pictures with the parentals before we head off to the ceremony!
- Everyone makes their grand entrance except for me, and I wallow in the misery of being by myself for 0.2 seconds.
- Papa Dillo walks me down the aisle, bawls his eyes out, and in turn creates the most outrageous chain reaction of blubbering ever.
- We say our vows and listen to some awesome scripture readings by good friends.
- MOH Henna and Bromadillo serenade us, we light our unity candle, and make out in front of the church as husband and wife!
- We gather together and have a super quick family portrait session at the church.
- We take some awesome outside shots with our bridal party, despite the fact that my bustle went MIA.
- Houston, Texas
- Graduate Student
- Wedding Date:
- March 2013
- First Presbyterian Church/Bay City Civic Center