Immediately after the ceremony, we directed our families over to the sand dunes for the family portraits. I think our bridal party was pretty thankful when we told them they were off the hook and could hit up the cocktail hour!
While everyone else nommed on food and got their cocktail on, we started off with a photo session with Mr. Rucksack’s family:
Summoning the bride
The smallest members of our bridal party are total hams and wanted to be in every picture!
Poor SIL & BIL Rucksack were momentarily delayed from cocktail hour, but they were good sports!
Next up, my family stepped in:
Showing off my new ring
Sometimes I forget just how tall Wayne is! (To give you some perspective, I’m 5’9″!)
My most favorite ladies: Momma Rucksack, Auntie Rucksack, and MOH Tessa
The group just kept on growing as we added more cousins!
And more cousins!
And still more cousins!
I had warned Abbey that my mom was like a high schooler when it came to photos and that she would most likely be demanding lots. The woman whips out her iPhone for a photo shoot at every family dinner, so I knew it would be double at the Rucksack’s largest family dinner ever! It’s one of those things that we always groan about in the moment but are secretly thankful for later. And of course, I am so happy to have all of these family photos!
I couldn’t wait to join in the party, though, so as soon as we got through the photos, I was off and running to get bustled so that we could get our dance on!
(All photos by Abigail Scott unless otherwise noted)
- I have ALL the feelings
- I admit that wedding planning kind of sucks
- We run a million errands
- We practice how it’s gonna go down
- We have a big fat Italian rehearsal dinner
- A little rain won’t get me down!
- The girls get pretty
- The guys do whatever guys do
- I hang out in the hotel bathroom and make a bunch of bouquets
- I get my bride on!
- We exchange kisses and gifts during our first look
- I’m a runaway bride
- The bridal party processes and the ring bearer gets distracted
- I take my final steps as a single lady (and get stuck on a rose bush along the way!)
- We kick off the ceremony with some sweet words from The Princess Bride
- We share our love story and get our hands blessed
- We do!