Talking about our cocktail hour really upsets me. Not because we didn’t enjoy it—we had a great time visiting with all of our friends and family who had traveled so far to be with us on our wedding day. It upsets me because there was SO MUCH delicious, amazing food and I barely got to touch any of it! While our coordinator, Dom, did make sure our glasses were always full and that we were able to try all of the passed hors d’oeuvres (which were all fantastic, by the way!), we did not sample anything from the spreads or carving station.
Sigh, just looking at these photos makes me drool. Can someone please get married at Franklin Plaza and invite me so I can actually enjoy this food?! PLEASE?! Every one of our guests raved about the cocktail hour (yeah, way to rub it in, Coyote guests). In fact, there was so much food that a few people thought we had chosen to throw a cocktail reception and that this was all the food that was going to be served for the night. Ha! Fooled ’em good, didn’t I?!
While our guests were stuffing their faces with delicious deliciousness, Mr. Coyote and I zipped around the room hugging and chatting with as many people as we could.
Love this photo of Best Man M and his brother, SIL Coyote, and MOH A
Me with Cousin A (who did our ceremony reading)
Mr. Coyote and me with our good friend from college
One of my favorite photos of us and it was taken by a guest!
Eventually, the staff (who were seriously on their A game) slowly started guiding the guests downstairs to the main reception room. They were so sneaky about it that I eventually looked up and asked, “Where did everybody go?!” Even though we had an extended cocktail hour (1.5 hours!) I couldn’t believe it was over already! Dom ushered us downstairs, and it was time for the real party to begin.
*All photos are by the fabulous Upstate Photographers unless otherwise noted.*
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Our friends and family gathered for some formal (and not so formal) portraits. Then Mr. Coyote and I spent a few moments alone.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Franklin Plaza