There was a slight lull in the reception: right after the first dances while there was some generic dance music on, our photographer Jenn whisked us away for 15 minutes for a quick mini-session. I loved doing this because it gave Mr. D and me a few moments of just each other. It also allowed for us to get some beautiful pictures:
It also allowed us to get some beautiful solo shots:
And to capture one of my very, very favorite images of the day:
I just adore this picture. It’s definitely one of the ones going up in our home! I highly recommend doing this if you have a chance. It was really great to have the moment for just us, especially because, once the reception started, it seemed like we were constantly being pulled different ways by different people.
Soon, members of the wedding party trickled out to look for us, so we returned to our reception, ready to get things really rocking!
All photos are from An Unforgettable Memory Photography.
UP NEXT: We do a traditional dance
- We set up the hall and baked some cupcakes
- We rehearsed and had some tacos
- We got ready and Miss Doily became a bride
- Miss Doily finished up some business and pinned some beautiful women
- Mr. D and Miss Doily had their magical first look
- We did some formal quickies
- We goofed around
- There were some people marching down an aisle
- Miss Doily made her final solo walk
- The Doilies become one
- The Doily wedding party gets their group shots
- The Doily wedding party gets their individual snapshots
- The Doilies listen to some toasts and eat some cupcakes
- We danced our first dance