As the night was winding down, and dessert was served, the dance floor was just picking up!
Dessert consisted of many stations, not unlike our cocktail hour, with sweets galore and a coffee station to meet any palate. There was a Viennese station, mini cakes, a multitude of 12-inch round cakes, pastries, a funnel cake station, Belgian waffles with ice cream, a bananas foster station, and my personal favorite—a crepe station! We had a choice of crepes, a chocolate fountain, or a breakfast station (with omelets, pancakes, bacon & eggs, etc.)—we chose the crepes. As with the rest of the food that night, Cescaphe does not disappoint. It was spectacular.
All photos by Mike Landis Photographer, unless otherwise noted
Bananas foster display
A delicious way to warm up on a cold January night!
We had the option to have a passed dessert as well; we chose mini vanilla milkshakes and fries, which is a late-night favorite of mine (really an all the time favorite now that I’m nearing the end of my pregnancy!). In hindsight, I probably could have gotten a full size milkshake instead of a mini one, considering I wasn’t drinking anything else all night! But who thinks of these things during their own wedding??
Mini milkshakes & fries
Our DJ, Center Stage Entertainment (Sam, specifically) did an amazing job of keeping the dance floor going from the first dance until the last, and we are so lucky to have had such a wonderful experience. Dancing really started after the first course, but it really picked up after we cut the cake, and our guests were ready to cut loose and dance off all the food that had been served all night!
People came up to us throughout the night, complimenting us on our DJ, which is exactly how we found him in the first place—when we were at another awesome wedding where he kept the party going the entire night. And we know of at least two more couples who have booked the company after us, after experiencing how fun they really are!
We had slow dances…
…and fast dances. Some of these photos are my favorites from the entire evening. They really capture the fun that was had by our guests on the dance floor!
We had so much fun dancing at our wedding. Dancing with each other, dancing with our friends and family – we really could have danced all night if the venue had let us!
- I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
- Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
- I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
- Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
- I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
- I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids.
- The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
- The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.
- I panicked when the morning went by too fast.
- We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
- I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
- Bridal details and my “somethings” rounded out the wedding morning.
- We had our not-so-private first look.
- We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
- Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
- The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style.
- I shed tears of pain at our final photo stop in Olde City
- The ceremony space and details took our breath away when we arrived for a quick rehearsal.
- We were officially married under Jewish law when we signed our Ketubah.
- Guests were seated and the bridal party got our ceremony started.
- I got a little emotional for my walk down the aisle.
- We did not take our eyes off each other in our traditional Jewish ceremony.
- Post-ceremony photos were taken with some special gender pictures for our surprise!
- Our extra-long cocktail hour was full of delicious food and drinks, and a controversial ice-sculpture.
- Our ceremony space was flipped into an elegant reception space with gorgeous details.
- The bridal party made their entrance to some very viral video tunes.
- We danced our first dance as husband and wife.
- I was lifted (briefly) in a chair during the Hora.
- Our very special guests toasted us with well wishes, love, and happiness.
- The food at our reception was hands down the best wedding food ever.
- Parent dances and an awkward family crowning ceremony took place while our guests ate.
- Not one, but TWO incredible cakes stole the show at our reception.