With T-minus 51 days till the wedding, Mr. W and I have been plugging away at that tedious to-do list, pretending to care about all the little details that are “so important,” and nailing stuff down. I mean, admittedly, over the last week, I’ve spent more time sleeping off the world’s worst sinus infection than doing wedding stuff, but still…
And instead of drawing all of that out into individual posts, here’s a bullet-point style update of all the
crap important stuff we’ve done over the last few weeks (with a picture or two, to boot!).
1. We bought wedding bands! One weekend day, we got our act together, went and got Mr. W. sized, and got a sense of what we liked. Of course, jewelry store prices are expensive, and neither of us wanted super pricey wedding bands, so once we had a sense of what we liked, we shopped online.
Mr W’s Ring | Found on ManlyBands
Mr. W found his on a site called ManlyBands, which has been targeting him for ads since we got engaged. He loved the mixed metals and the detailing. (And the affordable price point did NOT suck!)
So that’s what my hands look like.
I got my ring via Etsy. I wanted something that looked pretty with my engagement ring, but that could serve as a standalone ring as well, and this thin band did the trick. Naturally, once it arrived I tried it on. And because I was home sick, I wore that sucker everywhere for a good chunk of the day.
2. We nailed down travel arrangements for both for the wedding and the weekend in March that we fly out. We will do a venue walk-through, get our marriage license, see Hamilton (because why not?), and fly back. We’ve got hotels as needed, flights for everyone we’re in charge of, and all that.
3. We arranged our honeymoon. Or more accurately, Mr. W arranged our honeymoon, and I floated along in blissful oblivion. A lot of it’s gonna be a surprise for me, and honestly, I’m A-okay with that. I do know we’ll be spending a relaxing week at the beach in the Dominican Republic. I also know there’s a swim-up suite involved. That’s all I got. And let’s be real: That’s all anyone needs.
4. We did vendor check-ins. I straight-up hate being on the phone, so all the check-ins have gotten a bit tedious, but luckily, at this point, our month-of coordinator is taking over most communications.
5. We nailed down songs. And not a moment too soon, since it’s time to work on Mr. W’s dance skills. (There’s a reason I dance five days a week and he dances once a year.) We’ll be having our first dance to “Into the Mystic” by Van Morrison—a sweet song we both love. I’ll be dancing to “It’s a Wonderful World” with my dad, and Mr. W will be dancing to “You’re Nobody till Somebody Loves You” with his mom. Nailing down sweet non-romantic songs was an adventure, but we got it done!
6. We booked puppy care. And cue the gratuitous doggo picture. Unfortunately, having a wedding away from home means Miss Bowie is not invited to the celebration…but we decided to give ourselves a wedding gift, and have reserved a spot for her in a really well regarded board and train facility. Why? Well, consistency in her training is awesome. And coming home to a slightly better behaved dog won’t suck, either.
Bowie LOVES football.
7. We started thinking about the little details. I’m talking things like programs, guestbooks, signage. And who knew you were supposed to have a card box? Not this bride. So I’ve started browsing Etsy (what did people do before Etsy?) and searching wedding websites for inspiration. And Mr. W knows he has until next Tuesday to share any opinions—after that, I’m just making a choice for the both of us. Because I want shit done. More on this later—I’ll share some of the stuff I’m loving.
Next on my list: finishing alterations, getting everything for our DIY favors (mmm, cookies) and florals, seating arrangements, dance lessons, and getting it all done. I’ve got a feeling the next few weeks are going to FLY—it doesn’t help that we’re crazy busy at work, too.