I’ve always thought that the sign of a healthy relationship is a couple that’s stronger when they’re together than they are individually. There’s something about being with Mr. Eggplant that brings out the best in me and challenges me to grow. I like to think that the theme of our relationship can be wrapped up in two words (and coincidentally one song by Jack Johnson): Better together.
Mr. Eggplant and I want to carry out the “better together” theme throughout our wedding, and to honor our this, I plan to display at our reception a scrapbook that I made Mr. Eggplant for Christmas along with other momentos of our relationship. The scrapbook is titled “better together” and each page has a black & white picture of us, a few embellishments, plus a verse or two of Jack Johnson’s song.
I thought I’d share the project with you all since it’s quick and easy and would make a great bridesmaid gift or present for your S.O./hubby. I know that Mr. Eggplant loved it. He even told me it was his favorite present ever.
1 CD wallet, preferably with a photo window on the front cover (I can’t find one online, but I got my from Borders)
Colored scrapbook paper
Various embellishments (I used buttons, flower-shaped brads, metal letters, and spiral shaped paperclips)
12 black and white photos
Optional but helpful: Fiskars circle cutter
1. There are 24 pages total in the CD wallet so I cut 22 CD-sized circles from the different patterned scrapbook paper and two CD-sized circles from a couple large-sized photographs.
2. I typed and printed out the lyrics to “Better Together” on vellum paper. Next, I cut them into various pieces so I could space them out throughout the CD booklet. You can also print any text you want to use directly on the colored paper itself if you how exactly how you want to layout your scrapbook.
3. I arranged and decorated the scrapbook with my embellishments and patterned paper. I used at least one picture and one song verse per two pages so that there was something to read and see with each flip on the page.
4. I cut a picture for the photo window and slipped inside the cover.
5. Voila! A quick and creative scrapbook!
- San Francisco
- Human Resources
- Wedding Date:
- October 2007
- Ceremony at a cement and stained glass cathedral and reception at a boutique hotel ballroom