Presenting our sandalwood fans! I purchased 50 of them on sale through The Knot shortly after Mr. Yorkie and I got engaged. They were actually my first wedding-related purchase, if you don’t count that copy of Martha Stewart Weddings. At the time, I knew that our date would likely be in June. While we hadn’t yet decided on a venue, we definitely wanted it to be outdoors. So, in an effort to keep our fairer guests cool while we say “I do”, we’ll be providing these fans. I think they’ll make a much nicer alternative to them flapping our ceremony programs!
Here’s what I used to make them:
- Martha Stewart Crafts cardstock in “Putty”
- Martha Stewart Crafts “Wedding Cake” stamp set
- Craft Smart pigment ink pad in “Chocolate Brown”
- Clear acrylic stamp blocks
Marvy Uchida 1/8″ hole punch(Oops! Wrong project! )
- Seam binding in “Fuchsia” from Caramelos
- Cotton crochet thread in “Natural”
- “George and Basic Shapes” Cricut cartridge
Here’s how I made them:
2. Select desired stamp and adhere to acrylic block. Stamp design onto tags.
3. Allow tags to dry before removing from backing. Repeat step 2 on reverse, if desired.
4. Holding it at an angle, lightly “swipe” the pigment ink pad along the edges of both sides of each tag to give dimension and an “aged” look.
5. Cut a 4″ length of crochet thread, feed through tag’s loop, and knot the ends.
6. Cut an 8″ length of seam binding, attach it to the fan’s metal loop, and tie in a bow.
7. Add a tag to each fan… and voilÃ !
Are you providing your guests with anything special to use during your ceremony?