Here’s a little somethin’ somethin’ for all you DIY fiends out there. A quick, fresh, and easy floral table number project from FiftyFlowers! Enjoy!
This adorable and functional project adds fresh, natural detail to every table while directing guests to their seats.
- 3 bunches of Larkspur Lavender Flowers
- 10 – 5×7 picture frames
- 10 – 5×7 scraps of fabric material
- Floral glue
- Table number templates(#1 – #10)
Depending on the frames you choose and the average cost of blooms at $12 per bunch, this project costs around $9 per table number.
Approximately six minutes per table number.
- Separate frames from glass, remove all stickers, and clean both sides of glass.
- Print and cut all table number templates to 5 x 7 size.
- Cut fabric material to 5 x 7 size.
- Select complete blossoms and cut or pinch away from the stem at the base of the bud.
- Line up number template under glass and begin gluing blossoms along outline; be careful not to use too much glue to prevent strings.
- Starting from #1, glue all flower numbers on glass and lay flat. By the time you are finished with #10, the glue will be set on #1.
- With clean hands (starting with #1) begin assembling frames by replacing the number template with the fabric and securing glass in place.
- Allow to dry according to glue instructions.
For the freshest look, make the night before use and store in a cool dry place.
Expert tips from Raining Roses Productions:
- Separate larkspur blossoms into three piles (small, medium, and large) so it’s easy to select the right blossom size for the number shape when you are gluing.
- Use the frame glass and a pencil to create a template when cutting your fabric.
- For a vintage or rustic look, allow the larkspur (on the finished frames) to dry for a day or two.
Special thanks to Jesus Rodriquez at Raining Roses Productions for bringing this project to life. Raining Roses is a full-service event design and decor company based in Orlando, Florida and specializing in custom design elements for weddings and celebrations.
And a big thanks to FiftyFlowers for submitting this nifty DIY project! You can get in on the DIY fun by scheduling a complimentary consultation with one of the wedding flower planners at FiftyFlowers.com. Just send an email to events@FiftyFlowers.com to get started! Or download the Flower “Recipe” worksheet designed to assist you in knowing how much to order for your DIY wedding flowers.