After I was fully strapped into my dress, we headed outside to the amazing oak tree in the driveway of the Island House to take pre-ceremony photos. BM FUN. was so excited to pose for photos that she completely disregarded the warning signage:
She’s not even sorry.
Eventually she came down and we all lined up for those traditional bridal-party portraits we all know and love:
I love that photo. However, I’d be lying if I told you that I didn’t love this photo a little more:
I should explain—BM Ry took it upon himself to provide the entire bridal party with gray and yellow sunglasses, as well as black glasses for Cam and white glasses for me. They will make numerous appearances throughout the rest of my recaps. Look familiar? Need a hint?
Then, each of my lovely bridesmaids took an individual photo with me, and of course Mama Camera did too!
By this time it was pretty darn hot outside so everyone went back into the house, but I spotted the florist arriving and wanted to take some photos with my bouquet, and another with MOH JJ:
I didn’t really prioritize my flowers when it came to the budget, and honestly it didn’t much matter to me what they looked like, as long as they were pretty. I wanted my bouquet to be all white with some hydrangeas and fluffy roses, and my bridesmaids’ bouquets to look like wildflowers. Janice of Pretty Petals in Charleston nailed both, in my opinion.
Guests were set to start arriving soon, so back inside we went!
Previously on Picture Perfect
- I beg you to take mental pictures so you don’t forget everything like I did.
- We hit the road for Charleston but not after putting out our new initial doormat!
- We eat seafood on the waterfront, and party in the USA on top of a hotel.
- We get our nails did and play with a bidet.
- Cam surprises me with the most romantic thing of all time.
- Our rehearsal dinner is a hit””complete with a custom groom’s cake for Cam!
- My wedding eve is much different from what I originally planned.
- My long awaited Starbucks run didn’t go quite as planned.
- I get my hair did and I love it.
- Our friends had a pool party and we weren’t invited.
- I have a wave of emotion hit me while the girls get dressed.
- Mama Camera’s handmade veil gets fastened to my head.
- Mama Camera sews my somethings into my dress.
- I put on the most important dress I’ll ever wear.